Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is it a little weird?

So do you think it is weird that Anaya got 12 new nail polishes for Christmas (because she LOVES having her nails polished at least twice a week), and she wants to wear all 12 colors at the same time? I have learned over time to not care what pattern or color scheme she wants on her nails, because that battle is just not worth it. Today though, she told me she wanted me to rainbow each nail. That seemed a little time consuming for right before school, so we settled on a different color on each nail.

Is it weird that McKay has his first basketball game tonight, and his first practice tomorrow night? Should make for an entertaining game to watch!

Also, McKay is DESPERATE to start piano lessons. And he gets to try snowboarding with the big kids on Friday!

Is it weird that volleyball has already started up again (started before Christmas!)? Rik is coaching Malia's travel team, and when I pointed out that he doesn't actually have time in the evenings to coach, he decided to have practices at 6am Mondays and Wednesdays... and that will be the schedule until MAY!! It wouldn't be too bad, but Malia also has early morning piano lessons on Thursdays, and she and Kayden go to the temple every Tuesday morning at 6am to do baptisms (a couple of the cute temple workers have gotten to know them over the last few months, and actually invited them to their family Christmas party.) Malia absolutely loves having everything done and over in the morning though... is that weird for a teenager?

Is it odd that I love cleaning and organizing my house right now, and I think it is because I got a couple new pieces of furniture and some new curtains?

And speaking of furniture... Taisha loves rearranging furniture. She and I spent an evening rearranging her room and then redecorating it, and loves the way it turned out.

I did just a little bit of after Christmas shopping... primarily I was looking for men's Christmas socks. They are kind of hard to find. I guess there isn't a huge market for cheesy men's Christmas socks... I don't know, but in our family that is one of our Christmas traditions. So when I finally found some, I bought the 4 different ones that they had, and then on my way home figured out that I will be giving him the 4th pair when he is on his mission. That was a little weird!

I thought it was a little odd when I walked by a couple Walmart employees talking, and one said to the other, "Dude, I just don't like conversating with the other Walmart employees." Conversating? That's weird!

And not that I'm picking on Walmart... but last week I was at Walmart with my friend Brett picking up a birthday cake for her 4 year old daughter named Carma, and we both thought it was a little weird that her cake said:


Yep.... it says "Happy - Bad Carma." So weird! (And so is the story of how they FIXED the "bad" for that matter!)

Well... and this is just plain weird, unless you know him, and then it is perfectly normal!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

That is all a little weird!! Love your posts! Always put a smile on my face!
(PS - I know I'm a dirt bag and still have your books. I would say I'll put them in the mail today but my friend came over and helped me pack on tuesday and before I knew it, they were packed. So - on my honor, :) they will be mailed to you as soon as they are unpacked. 2 weeks hopefully. Tell Malia I'm so sorry. I promise I'm not usually such a flake!!)

Debi said...

Soooo funny! Seriously, your posts are always funny! Where do you come up with this stuff?

debzfinn said...

lol...the last pic..just defines it all:)...he cracks me up!