Wednesday, August 11, 2010

WooHoo!! 17 years!

Rik and I celebrated our 17th anniversary last week. When I was looking through the old pictures I came across lots of pictures from our dating days. They brought back all sorts of good memories!! I loved our big hair! I was so completely head over heels for Rik, I could barely think straight! I remember feeling almost dizzy when I'd see him. When we were engaged, I was living and working in Idaho Falls, and he was living and working in Soda Springs. At the time, this was a monumental trial for me. I {embarrassingly} remember having meltdowns at work to my supervisor, begging him to let me off early so I could drive to Soda to see Rik. It kind of makes me laugh now (or possibly gag), but I couldn't imagine being with anyone else, and hated being apart. I still can't imagine being with anyone else and still hate being apart. I missed him so much when he went on the high adventure hike, and when he mentioned that he may have to go on a business trip the end of August, I had a small meltdown very similar to the kinds I used to have when we were engaged (my poor supervisor!) I guess not much has changed.... except maybe our hair!


I love you!

4 comments:

Debi said...

Lovin' the hair!! Are those flower cookies you made Rik? I was thinking we got married the same year, I didn't realize you guys were a year later. Happy Anniversary!

Kimberly said...

Yeah for pictures and good memories. Hope you guys are doing great. We miss seeing you.

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

That's so cute how goo goo you were over Rik. I love it!! I think we all went thru that. I did that, too. And now I look back and think the same thing, I was so silly. Just don't let Rik join the Army.....Nathan leaves again this week, thank goodness it's only 5 days this time. It just makes me appreciate him every time he comes back. Congratuations on reaching 17 years. And just think you have so many more to come!!

Alana Puawai Finlayson said...

look at you hottie lex. lookin' good still! love you tons!