Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kayden-isms

I don't know how other teenagers are, so I don't know if this is normal or not, but here's some Kayden-isms for you:

Kayden has no problem helping out around the house and is an excellent organizer and cleaner. I can always tell when he's worked on the kitchen though, because he always loads the dishes backwards and puts all the pot and pans, and dishes in the wrong places in the dishwasher, and he hides things, like the salt and pepper. It took me almost a whole week to find the salt last time (and that was only because I finally asked Kristen... and she told me where it was....)

Kayden loves to sit and chat with me.... but only when I'm trying to have a nice Sunday nap. Every Sunday, for as long as I can remember, I lay down, and a few minutes later Kayden comes in and sits down and yacks on and on and on..... He thinks this is so funny. I think he has a warped sense of humor.

Everyone has been busy getting their rooms ready for the new school year by cleaning out and reorganizing. I could hear Kayden downstairs working on his room.... but when I went downstairs he had moved his entire room into the family room, and all the family room furniture AND DECORATIONS into his room. His bed was neatly made sitting in the middle of the family room, and all his pictures and art work were tastefully decorating the walls. I mean he had to take his door off his room to get the couch in there.


So maybe this gives you a little bit of an idea why I'm so sad when I think about him growing up and leaving soon. I've had a whole summer being just a little sad and melancholy realizing what point we are at in our lives, and how quickly this point got here. *sigh*

1 comment:

Debi said...

I'm completely with you, I can't believe they will only be home for another year! Thinking about it makes me so sad! I'm always saying this is the last time, whatever it is. I'm glad however, that Lindsay didn't drag her bed into the living room - must be an oldest child thing, the cleaning and organizing, Lindsay is the one that keeps her room the cleanest and most organized. Funny about Kayden and your naps, I don't think i'd be so patient about that!