Monday, October 11, 2010

I Love Looong Weekends!

There was no school last Thursday and Friday, so Friday morning we headed to Island Park, and we didn't come home until we absolutely had to (I wanted to leave earlier, but cross country and volleyball got in the way!) Friday afternoon after we unpacked at the cabin, we went to West Yellowstone, wandered through the souvenir shops, ate at one of the pizzerias, and then played cards and ate ice creams at the swirl ice cream shop. Then we headed back to the cabin and watched a DVD. Saturday morning we woke up when we were good and ready, and slowly made our way to Yellowstone. Once we finally made it into the park, we walked and walked and walked! It was a beautiful day, and after seeing some amazing sights (in the mostly empty park), we ended up at Inspiration Point, looking over the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone at sunset. Sunday morning we slept in, had a nice big breakfast, lazed around the cabin and just enjoyed the downtime. I think I can actually face the next month or so, just because the weekend was so restful and relaxing.







1 comment:

Debi said...

Glad you took advantage of the long weekend!! Did you go back to the Grobergs cabin? Hope you're rested up, it'll be awhile before Thanksgiving (our next break, it's crazy, I have them all on the calendar so I know when I can get away)