Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Rik!!

41 years ago this cute little guy was born:



We celebrated Rik's birthday this week. It was kind of low key this year though, because we've had a bug slowly going through the house. I think it has now hit everyone, and the younger you were, the harder it hit (Anaya missed 3 days of school). All that were well went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner on Wednesday, and we had cake, pickled okra and blueberries on Thursday (the cake was more for me than Rik though, because I refused to put candles in the pickled okra...)

Anaya took care of the decorating for Rik's birthday (Bendaroos), and she did such a good job, I think she should do all the birthdays! We still have it up on the wall.... I love it!

2 comments:

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

Happy Birthday, Rik!! I can't believe how much Taisha looks like Rik at that young age! CUTE CUTE!! And I love Anaya's decorating!

Britney said...

Just wanted you to know of your influence on our family...I bought pickled okra for the first time ever on Saturday. Apparently it's August's new favorite food. :)