Friday, October 21, 2011

Odds and Ends from September and October

We have been lucky enough to have an absolutely beautiful autumn this year. It's been jam packed full of sports, school and church activities, harvesting, and all sorts of fun things!

Here's some pictures of all the fun stuff:

Kayden and Kristen at the State Fair
(Is it just me, or does the drawing of Kayden remind you of Rik? Maybe it's the eye brows?)


Malia and friends at the back to school dance that she helped plan
Homecoming parade float (and yes, that's Kayden's bed in the middle....)

Homecoming dance with Kaylee

Kayden would have really liked to go to Homecoming with Kristen, but she was busy preparing for the Jr. Miss competition (I guess it is called the Distinguished Young Woman scholarship program now), and wasn't able to go. She won the academic and talent portion, and overall won 1st runner up. As far as I'm concerned, "Distinguished" doesn't even begin to describe how outstanding this girl is. So proud of her!

First choir concert of the year, and it was in the Stephens Performing Art building in Pocatello. Top notch singing, and holy smokes, the acoustics were incredible!

We have be harvesting all sorts of vegetables and fruits this year! In fact, I think I might be have "harvest overload," if that's possible. Over 50 bags of corn, 30 bags of carrots (and that's not including all the carrot sticks I've put in the kids lunches), I can't even count the bags of zucchini and squash, spaghetti sauce, salsa, peach and pear jam, zucchini brownies and breads, peach muffins, cucumber and tomato salads, and we're still not all the way done yet! We're going to harvest the last little bit and get it all taken care of tomorrow. I think my hands have aged 20 years doing all this work!

1 comment:

Alana Puawai said...

honestly if I'm trapped in Idaho for the rest of my life..I'm living in Idaho Falls..It seems amazing there...Seeing these photos of Kayd and Krist make me so sad. Happy sad. haha! just so cute and can't believe he's growing up..and it takes me back ha.. good ole young love ;) and Taish is a beaut! as are the rest of the kiddies!