Sunday, October 21, 2012

Room Re-do's

When Kayden moved out, we did a little bit of bedroom changes. I think they turned out great!  Anaya moved into Taisha's room.  We added this art display cable from IKEA so Anaya can hang whatever art she wants, and it she doesn't want to hang anything, you can barely see it.  We also added a custom closet (that we should have done when Taisha was in the room.)


We have got lots and lots of bows, flowers, feathers, headbands and other hair accessories.  When I was trying to figure out how and where to store them, I came up with this idea.  I took the door off the hinges, stapled some grosgrain ribbon to the top and bottom, and side to side, and then clipped all the hair things to it.  For the headbands, I got the Command hooks that are made for extension cords. The best part is that it is on the back of the door, so you can't even see it when the door is open.



McKay's room had a huge transformation.  We took the bunk beds down, painted the walls grey, moved some of Kayden's furniture up, printed up and framed some of his favorite fictional characters and added some new bedding (McKay's favorite color is red, this was the only bedding I could find that incorporated the furniture colors and red.)  The pictures are Harry Potter, Batman, Link, the Legend of Korra characters, some of the Marvel heroes, and Will from the Ranger's Apprentice books.


And then Rik made him this fancy sword/bow/wand/air-bending-staff holder thing. I love it!  McKay's room is very "McKay," and most importantly, he loves it!


Taisha moved into Kayden's room.  I painted it orange, hated it, primed it and painted it this pretty blue color (thanks for helping mom!), and then we did everything else in black and white (Taisha's favorite colors.)  We got this picture ledge from IKEA.


Memory boxes from Micheal's and the thing above her bed was from Ross.


Rik and I made her a padded bulletin board to go above her desk (it's covered in Young Women hand-outs now.)



Rik also re-purposed an old mirror frame into another magnet board for Malia's room.  The rooms all turned out so good (better in person than in my pictures.)

1 comment:

Debi said...

I still haven't let anyone take over Lindsay's room although they mention wanting to DAILY! She got a crappy track so she'll be home at Christmas and won't leave again until end of April - Weird track system!!
Your rooms look great, I love the IKEA art hanger - I totally need one for Jace's room, that kid hangs everything up with tape!