Sunday, October 21, 2012

Yellowstone and the Cabin

We had so much fun at the cabin this year! We went with my parents, and my sister Karissa and her kids. We spent Friday at the cabin, Saturday in Yellowstone, and Sunday drove up to Sawtelle Peak, stopped at Mesa Falls and fed the fish at Sweet Water. SO fun!! As an added bonus, it was cool, but there was no snow, the van didn't get stuck while driving up Sawtelle Peak, AND the food tasted good this time!









While we were at the cabin, there were a few changes announced.  First there was this:


Tyler Murphy is a returned missionary.  We kind of all had ideas how long Kristen would wait for Kayden (three years is a long time), but no one guessed she wouldn't even make it through the first quarter of school.  Oh well, I guess it's better to get that out of the way before Kayden leaves on his mission (the other night Kayden told me the whole thing sucks.  He's hurt, mad, and misses her like crazy all at the same time.  *sniff*)  Speaking of missions though, with the change in missionary ages, Kayden started his paperwork.  His papers will be done November 4th (after his wisdom teeth get pulled that weekend), and he's ready to go as soon as this semester is over.  He spoke in church today, and he and his roommates and FHE sisters did the musical number.  He was recently called as the Elder's Quorum 1st counselor.  He's still running too.  He did his first 1/2 marathon a few weeks ago, and is running his first full marathon next weekend in Orem.  I'm excited to have him home for the following weekend and spoil him a bit (except for that whole wisdom teeth part.)  We've missed him around here!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Oh my gosh! I seriously have tears over this post - this whole mission age change has really been emotional for me, crazy I know but all these kids leaving/putting papers in is hard on me!!! I was wondering if he and Kristin were still seeing each other down there, I haven't seen many pics of them together. Miss you Alexa!!