Sunday, November 18, 2012

Halloween 2012

We are thankfully on Thanksgiving break, so I thought I would add a "Thankful" spin on these few blog posts.  First off I'm thankful that the kids all wanted to use things we already had in a new, creative way this year for Halloween costumes.

Malia wanted to use her "minion" overalls from last year to be Luigi.  All her friends made plans to dress up as characters from Mario Party.  So fun!


McKay (or should I say, Will from Ranger's Apprentice) wanted to use his black clothes, sword, and bow and arrows (he had to do a cake book report for school.  He did it on Ranger's Apprentice, so we made a round cake with a bulls eye frosted on the top and and arrow going into the cake right in the middle... so he had the bow and extra arrows from that project.)  But I was grateful that my mom made him the most perfect "Ranger's Apprentice" cloak.  He LOVES the cloak.  He would be outside playing, then curl up in a ball with his cloak, and yell at me to see if I could see him.  (If you haven't read the books.... what are you waiting for???)

Anaya wanted to be a blue butterfly.  I think her costume has less to do with the "butterfly" and more to do with the "eyelashes."  We used her dance recital costume, a shirt she had in her closet that matched perfectly, got some matching wings, and EYELASHES.


Taisha wanted to be a French artist (said with a French accent).  We had everything in the house for this costume.  Can I just say she is so easy. And I'm not just talking about her Halloween costume.  


I'm also grateful for teenagers that really wanted to "take the kids trick or treating" in the neighborhood, because they knew the neighbors would give them candy as well.  This was the group on Halloween night.  They all had a blast, and came home with tons of candy.  (Incidentally, we just found a small stash of Halloween candy behind a bookshelf downstairs in the basement with little teeny bites taken out of each one.... apparently we have a mouse with a sweet tooth... ew!!!)






(YUMMY!!  Do you see that bowl of candy corn and peanuts??  So grateful the school I work at introduced me to that combination.... SO yummy!!)



1 comment:

Debi said...

I think McKay is looking like Kayden more and more! Love Anaya's eyelashes....every girl should have a pair!! You know I hate halloween and this year was crazy busy - I barely got any pictures! I was however, ready with costumes early this year....not rushing around last minute as usual - I was proud of myself!