Sunday, May 18, 2008

Run Rik Run!


We had a nice weekend (thanks mostly to the awesome weather!) Kayden went camping at Green Canyon with the scouts, we got the basketball hoop completely done, got some yard work done, the girls and I went to Soda for Ana's baby shower, Rik, Kayden and Quinn went to Ironman (they said it was sooo good!) and we had a pretty successful Sunday (which means I got a nap). Saturday morning Rik ran in a 10k run. He got 9th out of 88 runners. I don't know if I can stress how much weight he is losing from all this running. He says when he started running nothing came off, but now everytime he turns around he is tightening his belt one more notch. His pants are just hanging on him, and his belt may keep his pants on, but makes his pants all pleated and tucked funny. In the picture, Rik is on the left-hand side, kind of in the back in the dark grey (he thinks he looks dorky in the picture...)

Just a "proud brag about my kid moment...." But on my Bebo page (link on the top right-hand side of my blog) I have a video of me playing a song on the piano. Malia has that song learned now (and plays it everytime she walks by the piano.) She says it is one of the funnest songs she has ever played. She's turning into an awesome piano player.

I've got peas up in the garden, and the potatoes are cracking through as well. A couple more weeks and I can get the tomatoes and cucumbers in...yum!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Dorky picture or not (haha - love you cuz) what an amazing accomplishment!! So super proud! Glad you had a good weekend, and a nap to boot, doesn't get much better then that!! :)

MOANA said...

I was just telling Bill last night about how amazing my brother is with his running and here I find a picture of him running in a 10K. Rik you are an inspiration to me and I think about you each time I am working out. I would love to be able to run in 5 and 10K this is my goal for myself. It will be a long time yet but its what I am working towards. Glad you had a great weekend! How was the shower? I didn't have a way to get home and so I was sad to miss it. Love you guys,
Moana

Xela said...

Rik, so very proud of you! I know(becasue of Jeff) that it is such an accomplishment to finish something you have been training long and hard for! Way to go!!