Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Power Post

I'm feeling a little behind on my blog (alright, not just my blog...), so here is a "power post" so that I can feel caught up, at least on this....

-Our ward had their pinewood derby (I made little pinewood derby car-shaped Rice Krispie treats from a mold.... so cute)

-Kayden had a choir concert at Barnes & Noble in the mall (Woo hoo, a chance to wear his pretty lime green and pink choir shirt...which he wouldn't let me take his picture in...) When Rik was picking him up from the mall, some girls said "hi!" (To Kayden, not Rik). Kayden quickly averted his eyes, and pretended he didn't hear them, which prompted the "it's ok to say hi, you don't have to marry them" speech from Rik.

(Can you believe he has to wear this shirt?!)


-Taisha had a gymnastics recital. Anaya got jealous of all the attention Taisha was getting, so she wanted her picture taken doing the splits.


-Taisha had her last volleyball games (and after a really good season, they ended up losing all their games on Saturday.....).

(sorry for the bad pic)

-Rik ran 18 miles of the marathon path (and 6 minutes under his target time). All this running is making him lose all sorts of weight (I hate that....), really nice legs though (I won't post any pictures of his nice legs though, so you won't get jealous.)

(this picture has the weirdest finish...I don't know if I like how the photographers did it...)

-Final ballroom performance for Malia and Kayden was Saturday night. (I didn't even attempt to take pictures in the Kirkham building with my old camera... I knew they wouldn't turn out good). Here's the professional pictures though:



-Taisha caught a cold

-Kayden caught a cold

-I caught a cold

-While Taisha was home from church (with the cold), she decided to do a little eye brow shaping..... with a razor, which prompted the "never try to shave your eye brows" speech (who would have thought that I would have to give this speech a second time!) We now add a couple of minutes to the morning routine to color in her eyebrow.


-Kayden stayed home from school Monday (and totally missed the awesome weather sleeping and resting and complaining how many times the phone rings at our house.)

-We got the potatoes, carrots, and peas planted in the garden. While we worked ON the garden, McKay and Anaya worked IN the garden... they came in covered in dirt... and then transferred the dirt into the tub. I'm already counting down to yummy garden veggies (growing out in the garden, not the tub... but we could actually grow some there too right now!)


-We ("we" meaning Rik and the kids) dug the hole for the basketball hoop. We have the concrete, and we ("we" meaning Kayden) are hoping to get that part done Wednesday.

(Can you tell the wheel barrel has been covering the hole so no one falls in?!)

-I finally have a date for McKay's preschool graduation (for the longest time I would ask him when it was and he would say "it's when we get to the frog on the calendar.... " Not so helpful...) It's on Friday, May 23rd at Rocky Mountain Middle School at 6:30 and will be over by 7:00. (My kind of graduation!)

-Malia has been giving me ideas for her birthday (and I'm really starting to wonder about my kids...). First thing on her list is "Crest Teeth Whitening Strips." Ya, that's fun. She bore her testimony on Sunday, and she looked like a young woman, not a primary kid anymore (maybe it was because she didn't have all her ballroom make-up completely washed off....) She also wants me to come up with a really fun group scavenger hunt for her birthday party this year.

-I'm co-coaching Taisha's baseball team (it's coach pitch, so hopefully the girls survive a season of me throwing a ball at them....)

-Malia is also playing softball on a team with her friends, and just had her second practice.

Well, there you have it, and now I'm all caught up. If only I could get through my laundry that fast!

4 comments:

Lyn said...

Do you ever slow down girl? Can't believe how old Kayden and Malia look in their dance pictures. Haven't you just loved the weather lately? The kids were here this past weekend and the boys got to play outside alot. So nice for this little apt. Love the eyebrow lesson. If you end up with too many veggies, you know where to find me:)

MOANA said...

I am still laughing at the " you dont have to marry them" speech from Rik I can actually hear him and everything saying this! Kayden has my sympathy with the choir shirts. What were they thinking? He'll need therapy after wearing that shirt! ;) Taisha I also shaved my eyebrows when I was about your age, try to keep razorblades of all kinds away from your face! She also looks so old and grown up in her gymnastics adn volleyball gear! Malia girl you really are becoming a young woman, you are so very beautiful inside and out! Anaya and McKay your stories make us laugh so hard and we love you lots and lots! I love all your kids, your all so special to us and we love to hear about whats going on in your lives. I love the pictures as well! Rik I am so proud of you and you inspire me each and every day as I am working out! I am excited for you, when is the big race?? Love you all so much!
Auntie Moey

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

Wow, and I thought I was busy. So, what you're saying is....it's only going to get busier?
I wish I could have seen Kayden and Malia do the ballroom dancing. Tell them to do it next year so I'll be able to see them dance.
I wish laundry would just go away, I dread it!
hope you don't get sick this week. And Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Whoa hello busy! I love all the activities and fun things in your life. I think it is so good that kids are doing ballroom. I would love to watch them, how adorable. Get some rest busy lady!