Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ranger's Apprentice


I just finished reading the 4th book of the Ranger's Apprentice series, and I'm still all keyed up from reading it, so I'm having a hard time falling asleep. And since no one is awake for me to tell how much I loved the books....I hate that.... I thought I would write it down. I loved all four books, but really liked the 1st and 2nd, and the 4th book is awesome! That last book had my heart racing at parts, laughing out loud at some of the humor, and tearing up by the end.... nothing better than that. Kayden is in the 2nd book and Rik is reading the 3rd book.... and by "reading" I mean right now he gripping the book, but his eyes are shut and the lights are out (must be some kind of "Ranger Skill" to read with your eyes shut....) Apparently all the yard work he and Kayden did today made him kind of tired.

Speaking of Rik though, and the Ranger books... Saturday night at about 12:30am, he was up working on stuff for church and I was down stairs getting some laundry done, and I heard the doorbell ring several times... I knew it had to be some really bored teens playing pranks, but I heard Rik's chair back up and the back screen door open, and yep, I knew he was going to run them down.... A little while later he ran back home (in his bare feet....) and he started telling me what happened by saying, "Well, first I used my "Stealth Ranger Skills" so they wouldn't see me. And I followed them through the neighborhood, watching them ring more door bells, hoping that they would end up at their house. Then they saw me, and my "quick as lightening Ranger legs" kicked in and I was after them....." You get the idea of the super hero story I was hearing from Rik. He ended up running them right to their house... so he rang their doorbell, and had a little talk with their parents. I guess Rik was a little keyed up from reading the books as well.

I have to tell you though, I am SOOOOO far behind on my laundry now.... totally worth it, but I can not start another book until I catch up, and that might not be for a couple weeks.... So please, don't recommend any books to me... and definitely not any series of books, as I have to read every book in the series all in one sitting. I did manage to make dinner for everyone today though... which is unusual when I'm way into a book.... it was take and bake pizza from Albertson's.... So I could read while I was making it....phew!

Just in case anyone is wondering, I have already loaned out the 1st book (true sign of a good book), but she's a fast reader and I should have it back soon..... should anyone else need to have mountains and mountains of unwashed laundry, give me a call next week, and you can borrow it. Night!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so funny Rik chased those kids down! haha, anyways, I would love to read those books, I haven't read anything since Twilight. So when the first book is available let me know! Guess what, I started the TakeOff on Saturday and have lost 7 lbs...YaY! Thanks so much for all of your help.

debzfinn said...

I think you might have an addiction problem with these books..the church has a program for addicts....lol...

Kimberly said...

Thanks alot now I want to read those books. I just bought a big book with all of Jane Austins novels so I'll be busy with that for awhile.

Angie said...

Your post made me laugh! I know exactly how you feel. Once your into a book you can't stop. I would be pushing Carter in the swing while reading Twilight. It sounds like I'm going to have to go find these books now. Thanks a lot!