Monday, August 11, 2008

Anaya is 4!!



Anaya turned 4 on Sunday! She was pretty excited. On Saturday we went to Leo's Pizza and we took the two little girls that live next door (they have played together all summer long!) We hadn't been to Leo's in a while, and they all had a lot of fun.


I asked Anaya what she wanted for her birthday dinner and she said macaroni and cheese... which isn't a very yummy Sunday dinner.... so I came up with some of her other favorite foods.... ham, potatoes and veggies and dip. And for her birthday cake she said she wanted whipping cream... I thought maybe cake with cream on top or something like that... but nope, she just wanted whipping cream. So I decided the rest of us would have peach pie with whipped cream, and Anaya could have a bowl of whipped cream.... and that's what she had, after she licked the beaters. Yum!



Anaya got a big bed for her birthday (she woke up on it....) After she got done telling me how excited she was for her big bed, she told me she wanted a butterfly blanket and a room with lots of butterflies. I don't' know if this is a girl thing... but it cracked me up that immediately she wanted to decorate and coordinate her bedding. She's also a jewelry type of girl (some of her bracelets she has been wearing for a really long time), so we got her some necklaces. I was thinking one of these days she would LOVE to have her ears pierced.

Rik's office party was last week at one of the parks here in IF. My kids loved the awesome climbing trees there:



School starts in a little over a week. I got Taisha and McKay registered last week, tomorrow is Kayden's turn and Malia is on Thursday. Then they all start next Thursday. I'm not sure if I'm ready for another school year yet... not that I have a choice... but the summer break has been awesome! I'm a little nervous about this whole "high school" thing too.... I guess we'll see how that goes!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Anaya! Your kids look adorable as always!:) Good luck with another school year!!

debzfinn said...

OHH...happy birthday anaya...look like she got spoilt rotten...lucky...miss u guys ..hope all is well...

Angie said...

No Way! High school this year? That seems crazy! Weren't we just all there! Good luck!

Michelle said...

What a great idea to have her wake up on her big girl bed! I bet she was so excited...I can't believe Kaden is in High School this year! Oh River has Malia's teacher from last year as her preschool teacher...Mrs Thueson? She said Malia was a great student and loved having her in her class!

Murdoch Clan said...

I bet school shopping this year was a doozie! I have yet to shop for my lil Aaliyah! Lucky for me she's finally excited for school! Kayla's birthday is this coming week and she's ready to PARTY. It's only a family party this time so we'll see if she has fun, she's really into the Disney Fairies right now. Love the pics of Anaya, she's quite the little princess, with necklaces and such, and wanting to decorate her palace! Super cute, love the pics!

Alana Puawai Finlayson said...

I'll never forgot when es accidentally scratched her face ha ha and she's like.. YOUR MEAN!! I'M GONNA TELL MY MOM lol.... but I actually dont enjoy Payson THAT much ha ha.. I love school there that's it... If i didn't have to go to school I'd be in idaho ha ha.. living w/ my parents lol.. but aww! malia! i member talking to her about try outs she was pretty nervous!! let me know how that goes!!! tell her I said good luck!! and ya right I dont wanna see my mom shopping in nz cause i'll be upset when she comes back w/ less then like.. half of the things she bought ha ha.. love you!!
xoxo
Alana