Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Vampire Prom, Mt. Borah, and Eagle project


Malia and her friends went to the Vampire Prom at Barnes and Noble Friday night... We got the dress from the DI for a whopping $6 and then got her hair done at one of the beauty colleges (I decided to get a pedicure while I was waiting... you know... multi-tasking... I already chipped two nails though... sigh, I'm just not meant to wear nail polish). We went all out cause it's not very often that you get to go to a vampire prom. I finished the book Sunday night... it was a fun read!

We got Kayden's Eagle project all done... well mostly done... we have a few more houses to do and all the paperwork that has to be filled out, but the big stuff is done.

(Apparently Rik has inhaled too much spray paint fumes at this point....just a little too happy)



(Handing out kits)

We did the Eagle stuff Wednesday and Thursday last week. We really wanted to get it all done in one day, but there was too much wind on Wednesday to safely spray paint... ya, I know, that's weird for Idaho..... So we did just the training on Wednesday, and did houses Thursday. On Friday the scouts packed up and camped at the base of Mount Borah, and then climbed it on Saturday. This is the highest peak in Idaho.... and it was a hard hike. Rik said it was comparable to his marathon.... except that he didn't get any blisters this time. They came home with some beautiful pictures though (and you know Rik... LOTS of pictures.... like 100 pictures of the hike....) They came home looking really tired.... and looking pretty smelly (I didn't actually want to get close enough to smell...but I was thinking that had to be a yucky drive home!)


While they were camping and hiking, I stood in line for my book (I didn't much feel like going to the vampire prom...), and then read until I couldn't see.... then got up and read some more. So lots of hard work while they were gone....

3 comments:

Murdoch Clan said...

Lex, those pics are incredible! Although he took like a million, each picture was awe inspiring! That Mt. was very intimidating and beautiful! IT really scares me, maybe I'm scared of heights or something. Anyways, I'm jealous you've already read the book, I have yet to get my hands on it, hopefully this week sometime. Love to hear what's going on in your life! Laura

Samantha said...

A vampire prom? That's so cool! :) Yeah for Kayden's Eagle too! What a good kid! The hike pictures are amazing! So fun that they got to do that. :)

MOANA said...

Super amazing pics, Malia looks gorgeous! LOVE the dress how fun, a vampire prom! Hooray and congats to Kayd for getting his project done! So proud of you! Hiking WOW!!!! Love you all
Moana