Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day weekend

We headed up to Soda for a little boating and some yummy food on Saturday. It was so fun to see everyone and hang out and relax a little.... until the mosquitoes came out!! No relaxing when you're being eaten alive by the nasty little bugs. I swear they are bigger there in Soda. I think it's the mines there.... making the squitoes into giant menacing bugs. McKay asked if it was like Spiderman... you get super powers when you get bit by a mine-mutated squito. Um... no super powers so far... just itchy legs and arms and face and back.






Sunday we had a nice big BBQ (in the garage... cause it was windy and raining) with lots of yummy garden veggies. It rained and rained on Sunday, so my kids played in the rain, and then made boats to float (or sink...) in all the water in the gutters. After the kids dried off, Anaya put on a magic show.... she kept telling us to close our eyes for most of the magic to happen... things would disappear and reappear while our eyes were closed. It was amazing!



Monday we were going to get up and go for a little hike, but the weather still wasn't the greatest for hiking (especially for us non-outdoorsy types)... so instead we did hiking Alexa-style... we went to Johnny Carino's for dinner... well, there was a certain amount of walking to get from the van to the restaurant... we had to park really far away! They have an awesome Monday family deal that was really yummy! I guess it doesn't matter where you spend your family time, as long as you are together (and if I don't have to make dinner then it's REALLY nice!)

6 comments:

Alana Puawai Finlayson said...

that looks sooo fun!! i wish i coulda came down.. but ya my trip was good but yes.. i shouldve taken it w/ her ha ha i didnt know i was scared lol and gees ha ha how in the world did u notice my freckles ha ha.. love you lexa!
xoxo

Alana Puawai Finlayson said...

ha ha that cute boy is my tagey wagey poo ha ha... but ya i was struggling uploading pictures lol..

Michelle said...

Too funny...we have those kind of magic shows like once a week or something I think! They are pretty cool. By the way...I am way jealous you got to eat at Johnny Carinos...yummmm...one of my favs!

Samantha said...

Looks like tons of fun!

Murdoch Clan said...

Johnny Carinos is hands down Patrick and I'd favorite restaurant! Yummy! Amen to the not cooking dinner, that's always a treat right there. Yes, the weather was awful, and for me I just cleaned my house like crazy, no fun at all for my kids, but I was beaming from ear to ear, to finally have my house organized for the time being. Take care Lex! Laura

Lyn said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I heard that grandma (mom) was even there riding around in the boat! That I would of loved to have scene.