Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Odds and Ends


This is Taisha at Back to School night. The whole class was sitting there all quiet like that.... it looked funny from the front of the classroom.



Malia's school held a volleyball invitational on Saturday (I still can't feel my backside from sitting in the bleachers for so long....) Malia's team won every match EXCEPT the championship match... so they ended up taking 2nd place. Apparently I have no idea how to take pictures in the gym. The pictures turned out terrible! If I wanted a picture of her face there was this net in the way, and when the net was out of the way, I could only get the back of her head. And then they were always moving and jumping and stuff...



I slipped away from Malia's games long enough to take Taisha, Anaya and McKay to Micheal's for a little crafty.



Anaya finally started school. She was so excited! Her only complaint was that I didn't get her new shoes. She's such a girl. I'll have to get on that I guess.

McKay is doing good at school for the most part. He had to sit by the teacher for talking too much to his neighbor, and today he said he had to put his card on the teacher's desk, which he said is REALLY bad (in his over dramatic 5-year old voice). He said it was because he didn't follow the directions on the teddy bear page. Ya, I have no idea what he's talking about either. He did get his phone number (542-6124) and address learned though...finally! He's not really a memorizer, so I thought I would come up with some nice little songs to help learn everything, but nope, that didn't help (we would sing the song about 100 times in a row, and then McKay would say: is it 5o1 261o? And then I would want to about strangle him or myself). So then we tried visual learning, and I had the phone number printed out and hanging all over the house. I came into the front room at some point, and he had pulled them all down and thrown them away. So next I though we would just try learning a little bit at a time... like just 542 or just 61 or just 24. Which McKay would say: is it 54321? And then I decided I needed to take a little break from this activity (so I could throw myself in front of a bus....), and I told Taisha to teach him. So she used gummy bears as bribes. It looked a little like she was training a dog. Taisha: Say 542 McKay: 542 (gummy bear in mouth). This didn't work either and really only gave him a sore tummy. Then the other morning I could hear McKay singing the phone number song... with all right numbers and in the right order and with no letters and everything! I was praising him up and down, and he said "ya, I knew it the whole time!" He was just messing with me. It just might be a long year with him!

Kayden had his first cross country meet, and lucky for him it was in Soda Springs! His Soda relatives got him all decked out... Subway and drink, and his very own cheering group! He really enjoyed the meet and said it was a lot of fun. I think they got a picture of him, I'll try and get it from them.

We've been enjoying the garden vegetables now (lots and lots of cherry tomatoes, which I didn't actually know I planted cherry tomatoes... and I didn't want any this year....) But unfortunatly, there was a vole that also enjoyed one of my garden boxes. I don't think we are going to get any cucumbers this year (cause the critter lived under and ate the roots of the cucumbers (noticed I said livED). And it also ate some of the potatoes. But it wasn't living in the tomato box... so lots and lots and lots of tomatoes.

3 comments:

Murdoch Clan said...

Lex, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Anaya's cute little outfit, and get the woman some shoes already! j/k lol also I love the little story of Taisha being the sweetheart that she is, bribing with gummi bears...classic, and then of course Mckay messing with you. I was trying to think what else you could possibly do to help him learn it... that little turkey! Wish I could've seen Kayden's run... I would've taken some pics (you know me), Congrats Malia on 2nd place, wow what a great team! And sorry about that vegetable eating critter, fresh veges sound so yummy! Take care Lex! Laura

Lyn said...

How cute are those kids of yours! Mckay cracks me up. Sort of reminds me of Samantha's Tegan. The things they say and do. Sounds like school is going good for everyone. It was good to see you today. Take care!

Michelle said...

Hahaha...that is hilarious! What a cutie Makay is! "I knew it the whole time"! What a little stinker! lol