Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Quick Birthday Riddle

I got my birthday card from the bishopric today (my birthday isn't until next week... they are VERY on the ball). Try to guess who wrote the message inside:

"Thanks for your help in the primary. We appreciate all your hard work. The Lord will bless you for your service and already has with that gorgeous fine specimen you call husband. Count your many blessings and have a wonderful birthday.
Love, the Bishopric."

Rik has been pestering me for a birthday list, so I asked Malia today what I wanted, because Malia has a gift for picking out perfect gifts. I know it sounds weird, but she somehow notices and remembers little things that you mention or do, and she really pays attention to hobbies and activities, and she just seems to know the perfect thing. She also writes the best lists for herself. So when I asked her what I wanted for my birthday, she immediately said, "vegetable peeler." *sigh* Which is true... every time I use ours, I complain about it from the second I pull it out of the drawer, but I can't seem to remember to pick one up when I'm at the store (it's been years of this!) Such a sad reflection on my life... that's all she could come up with for me... and she's the gift idea queen! But, I have that gorgeous fine specimen of a husband... so I guess it's all good! =)

6 comments:

MOANA said...

Tell your fine specimen of a husband that you want a jeweled encrusted veggie peeler and see what he makes of that!

Kristina P. said...

You need a massage!

Lyn said...

That is some card you got! Too funny:) What day is your birthday? Mine was on Sunday. Didn't know you were a Gemini! Good luck with the gift giving idea. I couldn't think of anything to tell Cameron too get me. He's still asking.

Samantha said...

Funny funny man! Hope you have a great bday!!

Holyoak Family said...

So sad that we are to the stage in life where a very nice vegetable peeler is actually an exciting birthday gift.

Michelle and Cal said...

Wow. Bishop Lords must really like Rik to write such a special note inside:) Too funny!