Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Love Summer Break!


Malia turned 13 the end of May... so she's officially a teenager now. She decided against a party this year (a lot of her friends were already having end of school parties), so we just had some of her friends and family over for dinner and cake. It was VERY nice of her since I was kind of burned out this year by the time we hit May (or maybe it was March...) She wanted salmon, fruit and Caesar salad for dinner.

She got some new furniture for her room for her birthday. She only had a bed and a chair in her room, and it's a nice big room, so the desk and side table look awesome in there, and she loves it. (She picked a nice pink office chair to go with the desk...very cute!)

A couple Sundays ago we had stake conference, so we were done with church earlier than normal. We decided to pack a picnic and go for a drive to Twin Falls. We stopped and hiked around the Twin Falls park, the Shoshone Falls (and we hiked to one of the 3 hidden lakes), and then ended up at the new Twin Falls temple. It was a really nice day!

The whole weekend was a lot of fun though. School got out on Friday, and that night was the father and son camp out, so the girls and I went out for dinner, to the movie "Up," and then went out for ice cream. Saturday night Rik and I had tickets to see William Joseph up in Rexburg. Great piano concert... and fun date! ☺




Last weekend a group of us went and stayed in Pocatello for the Time Out for Women seminar. Such a fun weekend! Good speakers and music, and lots of laughing!

I thought summer was going to slow down a little, and it has kind of, but we are definitely staying busy. McKay plays t-ball on Tuesdays and Thursdays (I love it when he swings the bat like a light saber!), Kayden started drivers ed (he's driving right now... which is why I'm here, in the house, working on my blog), he's also mowing lawns again this summer, and has some great friends that keep him busy dirt biking and kayaking, and he leaves for Martin's Cove tomorrow morning at 4 am (yikes that's early!) Malia is at volleyball camp this week, and wants to do another couple camps throughout the summer. She's walking with me in the mornings and babysitting occasionally. Taisha said she wants to take gymnastics through the summer, but wants to do NOTHING for the month of June. She's a shopper, so she loves to go run errands with me, and helped me pick out and plant the flowers and new bushes around the yard. It's rained a lot so far this month, but the kids are still playing outside (they just get wet in the rain instead of the sprinklers), and they have some really wonderful friends that keep their imaginations going. Right now they are playing school, and playing store has also been a big hit (fake money, Walmart bags, and all the toys in the room get bought and bagged up!)

I was released as the primary president on Sunday. I have some mixed feelings on this, but overall I'm really relieved. I've already got a new calling, and will get put in on Sunday. I can't say what it is... but it sounds like "lung sermon beacher." I'm SO excited for the new calling.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love the family picture.

Congrats on being releasesd, I guess!

Debi said...

Cute post, full of info. which I like. AND super cute new background. What is lung sermon beacher? I can't figure it out and I thought you would call me with that news since I asked on Monday at lunch :D
Over all, great post but I'm ready for school, again

Samantha said...

Lots of fun! The twin falls pictures are great. Guess it wouldn't be you if you guys weren't staying busy!! :)

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

lots of cute pictures. I love them. I'm really confused about your new calling. Some kind of teacher???? Hope you enjoy your eventful summer.

Michelle and Cal said...

If I used my super sleuth skills correctly, it sounds like you will get to spend a lot more time with Malia :) Congrats. I got a new calling too. I'm excited because I've never had this one. Cal said that there were about 50 people in and out of the bishop's office on Tuesday. Big Changes.

MOANA said...

LOVED the pics of the family you have been really busy and I loved hearing what everyone is up to. I am guessing that you are going to be a Young Women Teacher and I wonder which age group. I remember when you were my YW teacher and I loved the lessons and analogies you shared each week.The girls and leaders are super lucky to have you and I am excited for you and this new change. Everyone looks super happy and healthy much love to you all. Moana

DeAnn said...

"Lung sermon beacher"????? Cracked me right up. Please say you got your sneaky cleverness from me.

debzfinn said...

I think you'll make a great lung sermon bleacher..lol..u crack me up!

Holyoak Family said...

who is the sexy red headed babe in the TOFW pic?