Thursday, September 2, 2010

Who are you and what did you do with my old life?

Here's the kids first day of school. Notice how I remembered to take their pictures this year! Kayden kind of has a crazed look in his eye because he SO did not want me to take his picture....

This year I have two kids in high school (9th and 11th grades), and three in elementary school (1st, 2nd, and 6th grades). No one in the middle school this year.

With everyone in school, I decided to get a part time job working at one of the elementary schools in our district. I work as a part time office assistant from 9-1 everyday. I was a little worried about getting a job, but I'm feeling pretty good about it now that the first week is over.

High school volleyball has been even busier than jr. high volleyball and club ball combined! Malia has been exhausted from it all. They have played so well though, and won against both schools they have played so far.

(Malia is number 12)

It has been a weird week for me though. Everyone is wearing new clothes, and all those unfamiliar clothes are going through the laundry. The weather changed so suddenly, and it feels like winter is going to be here any day now. Because of my new job, my morning routine and night time routine are different. I get up and put on new "work clothes," and go to a different school, with some teachers that I know, but most that I don't. The kids at that school are all unfamiliar, and while I think I'm getting the hang of everything, I feel kind of lost. It will be nice when everything feels normal and routine again. But it has been a good week for us all. And I'm curious to see how fast this school year goes, because it seems like each year goes faster than the previous year!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Your mom said you got a job a couple weeks ago when I saw her. Hope it's going good, keeps you busy anyway. Nice post!