Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Here are a few highlights from Halloween:

1. So I didn't think McKay could be anything cuter than Harry Potter, but I was wrong.

2. I loved that McKay had to have the movie covers and our Pirates of the Caribbean book out and in front of me, so I didn't mess up Jack Sparrow's make up.

3. Taisha's costume was my favorite this year.... it was also thrown together 15 minutes before the trunk or treat!

4. Malia's "stick person" was repeatedly mistaken as someone from "Tron."

5. Between dance, costume parties, the ward trunk or treat, and school, I had to dress up Anaya 5 different times!!

6. It didn't matter how totally awesome I did her hair or makeup, all she really cared about was the mascara....

7. She went from telling people she was a "ghost," to telling people she was the "queen of the ghosts."

8. I LOVED that everyone did their own pumpkins this year. In fact, if I even looked like I was going to help Anaya, she would tell me to go away. Didn't hurt my feelings one bit!

9. Kayden carved pumpkins for scouts one night, and then on one of his group dates, and then he carved a whole bunch of pumpkins to answer the girl who asked him to girls' choice, so he decided he was done carving pumpkins for the year.... and possibly next year too.

10. Taisha went trick or treating with a friend, Malia took McKay and Anaya, and Kayden and his friends handed out candy at our house.... so Rik and I went out for Chinese food!

11. Kayden didn't dress up this year, but had a couple festive Halloween shirts that he wore instead.

12. I had to dress up for work... and I haven't dressed up for many, many years. But it was made clear that if one person dresses up in the office, we ALL dress up in the office! (This may have been because on pajama day, we all agreed to wear our pajamas, but then last minute, changed our minds.... except the secretary... who was the ONLY one wearing pajamas... hehe... so funny!) Rik wanted to take a picture of me in my pirate outfit, but darn it, the battery was dead in the camera. Bummer!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Fun post! Your kids always have great halloween costumes! Love the carving jobs by the little ones too, my little kid ones didn't turn out that good!