Monday, November 1, 2010

State Cross Country!!

State cross country was last Saturday, and it was held in Soda Springs this year! They took the top 7 runners for each team, so Kayden got to go. The team dyed their hair black for good luck.

We decided to take the whole family down to Soda to cheer Kayden on, and when he found out that we were coming he said, "What??? Noooooo... just stay home! You guys are always following me around!!!" Because I'm all pro on this whole "parenting a teen aged boy" thing, I knew that that was code for "Please come to my race, and bring my little brother and sisters too, because I would love for my whole family to find me before my race, when I'm hanging out with my buddies (because a lot of my best friends are on the team), and just be there... right by me... all the time! And then yell and be obnoxious when I'm running, and then find me after my race, and take my picture over and over again." That's really what he meant, and you can tell by the pictures I got:








It might look like he's going to take my camera, throw it on the ground and stomp on it, but that's just code for "Thanks for coming mom!!"

His team finished 3rd! Kayden had an awesome year this year, and we're really proud of him! (For whatever reason, he took one of the other boy's glasses for this picture.....)

Just for fun, after his race, I told him I already talked to his coach and had signed him out, so he could drive home with us.... the look on his face was priceless... zero sense of humor on that kid... zero.

1 comment:

Debi said...

I love how Kayden was so excited that you all went! Why would he think you wouldn't? Funny kid~ I wish they would have taken a bus down for the rest of the team to help cheer them on too!