Monday, November 8, 2010

The New News for November

I realize that's it's only November 8th, but we started November with a bang! (Or maybe "crunch" is the right sound effect.... see below.)

McKay's best friend August was baptized last weekend. I get a little emotional when I think about how lucky we are to have these girls living next door to us, and it's a pretty awesome thing to have your best friends so close! It was awesome to see August get baptized, and awesome to see McKay so excited for her, and especially awesome when McKay "accidentally" kicked his football over their fence, and then had to go over during their post-baptism party to get it, and then ended up staying the rest of the afternoon!

I love these kids!!

This weekend was also Sadie Hawkins, Kayden's first girl's choice dance. The theme of the dance was Mario Party, so Kayden and Kaitlin have on their matching Mario shirts. The backs say "I Mario Partied With Kayden/Kaitlin" (depending on whose shirt it was.) And they also had on matching belt buckles. Kayden is now a BIG fan of girl's choice dances.


Kayden has decided to keep up our family tradition of only crashing our cars into parked or stationary objects! Those pesky parking poles kinda squished his car a bit on one side. *sigh* When I was his age and a little older, I only hit parked cars... or the garage, it was some kind of rule for me. And Rik has only hit parked cars and guard rails! It's nice that those traditions mean so much to Kayden, and that he has decided to incorporate them into his life as well.

(Shortly after I took this picture, someone saran-wrapped his car.... lovely!)

My favorite "crashing into a parked car" story is when Rik ran into a parked truck on the side of the road. We were living in Soda Springs, and had decided to take the boat out to the reservoir to wake board for the evening. He had just come home from work, threw on his swimming suit and was hurrying to get out there as quick as he could. Kayden was almost ready, but not quite, so I handed Rik his plate of dinner, he scooped up Kayden (who was about 3 years old) and got in the truck (I was going in another vehicle.) Kayden still had to finish getting his swim suit on, so he started undressing in the truck (ya, I know.... not so safe), and inadvertently tossed his underwear on the plate of food I just handed to Rik. In Rik's haste to get the undies off his dinner, he swerved a little, and dinged a truck parked on the side of the road. Bummer. I had an impossible time not laughing when Rik told me the whole story.

We've already started the second quarter of school, and so far, so good! It's going really fast this year though!

3 comments:

Debi said...

I think I'm a fan of girls choice dances too, way cheaper than the others! I think I may have saved about a hundred bucks or more! I bet Kayden felt bad about the car, dang it - we all have hitting non moving object stories! Will it hurt the insurance fees any? At least you can sort of laugh about it, I would be so furious, at first!

Britney said...

Oh my...I'm laughing out loud about the "undies on dad's dinner crash"! That is the best story. Thanks for coming to the baptism. August was so excited that McKay was there! We feel so blessed to live next door to your awesome family. I think I'll steal your picture, yours turned out better than mine. :)

Kiriana Maud said...

Heheheheh LOL seriously Lexa i was almost rolling on the ground from laughing so hard! Maybe because I backed into a parked car on Halloween. Lucky for me the guy was INCREDIBLY nice and told me not to worry about it because he bought the car for $300. I guess i picked a good one to hit :S yikes!! So fun to read your November happenings thus far! I love and miss you all so much!!!