Friday, April 1, 2011

All Sorts of Illegal.....

Kayden came home the other day and told me he had signed himself up to run for student body secretary. So the night before he was supposed to hang up posters, we decided we better start brainstorming on some campaign ideas. Since we were short on time, we decided that there are many, many creative people out there... let's just use their ideas!! Kayden's slogan was "Vote Kayden Finlayson. Insurance for a Great Year!" And then we used lots of insurance ads and slogans: "15 minutes of voting for Kayden could save you 15%," "There's no discount for agreeing with me" (picture of Flo, the Progressive girl), "Vote for Kayden! It's so easy a caveman could do it," "Mayhem is coming!! Vote for Kayden," "This is the money you could be saving if you voted for Kayden".... you get the idea. 50 fliers, 5 posters, 400 handouts with candy, 1 banner, and a video speech later.... Kayden won!! Here's the stars of his video speech:

I'm sure this campaign didn't have any copyright issues.... We found all the images free on the internet, and no, I did not photocopy dollar bills because I couldn't find any fake ones that worked..... nothing illegal going on here....

_____________________________________


A group of us went down to Salt Lake last weekend for the Young Woman's Conference. This is our third year going down there, and Taisha's first. We did a little shopping, ate at The Old Spaghetti Factory, and then headed over to the Conference Center. We love this tradition!




_____________________________________

Today was the last day of school before Spring Break!!! I'm beyond happy!! I even made dinner and hour and a half later than normal AND I'm watching TV even as we speak... and I remembered how to turn it on! (I run a pretty tight ship lately, with not much wiggle room.) Yippee!!

No comments: