Monday, April 25, 2011

Did You Check a Wrong Box?!

Kayden has been receiving all sorts of college mail over the last little bit, which is exciting and scary all at the same time. Last week though we got a letter that said:

Dear Parent,

Your daughter, Kayden has just been nominated to attend the National Youth Leadership Forum...


The whole letter was all in "her" and "she." We thought that was a little weird, but then the next day we got this letter:

Bahahaha!!

Easter weekend was busy, but nice. On Saturday both girls had volleyball at different schools in Sugar City, McKay had wrestling in Rexburg, and Kayden had a two-day track meet (I just keep telling myself, "Almost done.... almost done.....") Sunday the kids woke up to a one-word treasure hunt to find their Easter stuff. They each had 5- one word clues, like "window, cupboard, mirror, picture, etc. and they just had to wander around and check them all until they found their next clue. Easy for me, time consuming for them!

I took all the kids shopping for their Easter clothes this year, and was surprised that they all wanted COLOR. And not pastels.... BRIGHT COLORS and lots of them! I guess I don't blame them with the drab, gray winter we've had!

Kayden was mooching food at.... I mean "supporting" a friends mission farewell, so I had to snap a picture of him later than everyone else... and really he wanted me to take a picture of him doing a yo-yo trick (his yo-yo is in his left hand). He makes a handsome BOY...



McKay had his baptism interview Sunday morning before church. He gets baptized April 30th at 10:00. He's SO excited!!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Too funny about the "Miss" Kayden Finlayson letter - I'm sort of sick of all the college mail Lindsay gets, we have another year -quit rushing her out the door! (that's my feelings about it all) Cute Easter outfits, hope you had a good holiday, good luck with the baptism this weekend (so glad Ali's is over and done with, such stress planning for all the company)!