Friday, May 6, 2011

McKay's Day!


McKay was baptized April 30th. He was SO excited! State wrestling was also scheduled for that day. It turns out that McKay is actually a really good little wrestler (who knew!?) I think it might have a little to do with his super-human strength (I'm not kidding.... he's STRONG), the fact that he doesn't seem to care that he might get hurt (boy thing??), and he's extremely flexible. All season long he was consistently in the the top 3, and won his last 9 matches. That being said, he didn't even want to consider going to state wrestling. He just wanted to get baptized. Lots and lots of family and friends, and good food, made the day WONDERFUL!

If you've been keeping track (and I'm sure you have), you'd notice that that makes weekend #3 in a row of PARTY PARTY PARTY!! First we had McKay and Kayden's birthdays, then we had Easter, then we had McKay's baptism, and this weekend it's Commencement (fancy dance for Kayden). That's a whole lot of parties, food and preparations. Mix into that all the sports, school projects, homework, pinewood derby car, and everything else, and I might be getting partied out..... In fact, I think I might be going a little crazy. Malia has 3 projects on World War II due in the month of May. The first one is done. She finished the second one early, because she knew she was going to be in Utah for a volleyball tournament all weekend and wouldn't have any time to work on it. Then she turned it in... only the teacher didn't think it looked "homemade" enough. Not. Kidding. So she has to redo it. Because I'm almost crazy, I SERIOUSLY considered having her make a WWII tank out of meatloaf and hot dogs. HOMEMADE meatloaf (and I would actually hear evil laughing in my head, when I thought of this great idea!) Malia looked at me like I was insane though... and I think she's making an airplane carrier out of cake instead. I might be just a little tired, and I may have used up all my (sane) creative ideas. Almost done though..... almost done.......

No comments: