Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Merry Month of May!

I tend to go through May celebrating when something ends. I don't know if that is good or not, but it makes me so, so happy! Wrestling's over, track is over:


and Malia and Taisha had their last volleyball games last weekend (you have no idea how happy I am that 5:37am practices are over.... I almost cried on my way home from taking Malia to the last one, I was so happy), McKay and Anaya have both met their reading goals, and they are both done with math homework for the year, Taisha is done with piano for the year, Seminary graduation is over (Malia had to play some REALLY hard songs on the organ for this), and as of last night, dance is over:


and all the major papers and projects are done, including the non-meatloaf, non-hotdog project that turned out like this:

and today was the 6th grade track meet. The weather was cold and SUPER windy, and Taisha came home exhausted, but she had a lot of fun! She got 10th in the mile, 3rd in the hop, skip, jump, and 4th in the 4x400 relay.





and all the proms are over.... including the ones I didn't know about. I got home from volleyball last Saturday, and was trying to figure out where Kayden had gone. Here's how my texts to him went:

Me to Kayden: Where are you? You're supposed to be watching McKay and Anaya!
Kayden to me: (nothing for several hours then....) We just got done with the day date, and there was water involved, so I didn't have my cell phone with me.
Me to Kayden: Day date??? For what??? I have news for you..... prom was LAST week.
Kayden to me: Not for Hillcrest. For IF.
Me to Kayden: What?! With who??
Kayden to Me: Mackenzie
Me to Kayden: Mackenzie who? Did you rent a tux?
Kayden to me: Nope, just wearing my 3 piece suit and my black, grey and white tie.... gotta go, heading to the BBQ.

Turns out a friend of a friend wanted to go to the dance but wasn't asked, so Kayden took her. He even ran out and got a corsage last minute and everything. Shouldn't I know things like that? I'm starting to notice a pattern with Kayden. Yesterday he text me that he was being inaugurated into student council RIGHT NOW. There was no way I was going to be able to get there with the camera and record anything for his posterity, because he let me know as it was happening. Apparently I'm supposed to be proud, and show my love and support from a distance. But I'm on to his ways now.....

Kayden and Mackenzie

Kristen has been helping Kayden learn to play piano. Here's their first piano/violin duet:


(I downgraded the quality so it would upload quickly.... sorry!)

We are down to 5 days of school left. And even though the weather doesn't feel like summer, I'm really looking forward to summer break!!

2 comments:

The Youngs said...

You make me nervous....It scares the daylights out of me what I have to look forward to! You are such a great mama helping your kids blossom into amazing young adults. I hope Kady get through this terrible twos business soon so I can look back and be grateful for soccer practices, piano recitals and prom dates :D

Debi said...

I loved this post! You have been so excited for the end of school since I've known you! Loved Kayden and Kristen's duet, especially the smile from Kayden at the end ~ LOVED that he took a girl to IF prom because she didn't get asked, that's a great young man for you! You should be proud of him