Thursday, July 12, 2012

Spring Break?

Now where were we?  Spring break maybe??  Thank heavens it's summer and I can kind of catch up a bit.

This year for Spring break, Kayden went to Europe with my dad.  Nathan was stationed in Germany at the time, and was able to get most of the two weeks off to drive Kayden and my dad around.  Kayden fell in love with Europe, and I have decided he must have some European in him somewhere.... He loved everything about that place... the food, the clothes, the food, the architecture, the food, the cars, the food, the people, the art and he really, really loved the food.  Even last week at church, he leaned over and told me how much he wants to go back.  









While Kayden was in Europe, Malia drove to California with her friend Christine, and Christine's mom and dad.  She also had SO much fun on this trip!  They stopped in Las Vegas, went to Disneyland, Universal Studios, Seaworld, and spent some time on the beach.




As you can imagine, with those two kids gone, there was no way I was cooking dinner for the rest of us.... so we took the kids out every night, and then Taisha, McKay and Anaya spent a few nights in Soda Springs.  Which just left Rik and I..... that was weird.....

So, SO grateful for all the people that made all the trips and experiences memorable for my kids!!

1 comment:

Debi said...

Such a fun experience for Kayden to go with your dad - your dad spoke in our ward a few weeks afterward and it was great to hear about their experiences - a trip Kayden won't forget - I went to Germany back in 1990 - I still want to go back!!
Fun for Malia, she gets to do lots of fun things with Christine and it is nice to have friends that take your kids places - we love disneyland - you're never too old to go (thinking of going back in a few weeks, you should join us)
How were the days of just you and Rik? I wouldn't know what to do with myself!! :)