Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Update

Well I don't have anything all that interesting to blog, but I thought I would tell you what we've been up to. The week after spring break was crazy (I mean more so than usual...) with ballroom pictures, dress rehearsal and performance, volleyball, piano and everything else, but no church on Sunday, so that was nice. Anaya didn't help the crazy week either... she seems to enjoy chap sticking everything. Dora the explorer had to go right in the garbage, cause the lip stick wasn't coming out of her hair (so did a brand new shirt and a pair of pajamas....) We went out to eat Friday night with some friends (Sandpiper.... yummy!) Nanny and Papa (Rik's parents) came up this weekend to help with the basement (Pono came up and helped too) ... and by "help" I mean we are light years ahead of where we were before! We really, really appreciate all the help we have gotten on the basement. We don't actually own any real tools, so we have all my dad's stuff down there, and he's been coming and helping every chance he gets as well. I'm starting to get really excited (also could be read: I'm arranging furniture in my head....)!

Kawiti and Teryn are having a baby today, and Pono and Michelle tomorrow (both having boys!) I'll try to get some pictures. They both look much cuter pregnant than I ever did...

Kayden only has 9 days left on his Family Life merit badge that he's been working on for the last 3 months. He has to do all sorts of chores for me everyday, and has been faithfully checking them off everyday... I'm thinking I should erase some check marks....

4 comments:

Angie said...

I'm jealous your getting so far on your basement! I want my basement done!!! I've done some de-junking and Mike has moved a pipe for my craft room, but that's about it. Is it making the rest of your house dusty? That will be so nice when it's finished. I didn't know Rik was such a handy man. Way to go.

Samantha said...

SO fun to get more done on the basement! I am shocked that you don't any of those tools though! ;) And, I would SOOO erase some check marks. :) What a help I bet that has been! Do post pictures of the babies! How exciting for them!! Tell them congrats for me!

Lyn said...

Glad Ken could come up and help. Tell Rik to call Cameron, I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping. Please let me know about the babies. I see Michelle at least once a week at the store and have been asking how much longer. Keep in touch!

Xela said...

Grandma told me they had gone down to help you guys. I bet it has made a huge difference. Those guys know what they are doing! Let us know about the babies! And yes pictures PLEASE!