Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 2008

Here's a little re-cap of the last part of June:

Yesterday was the last day of baseball games. Both Taisha and Malia loved playing this year again. Kayden is not a big baseball fan (he likes basketball), so he didn't play. I co-coached Taisha's team with one of my neighbors. Taisha was at a dentist appointment when we had pictures, so she's not in them, but I got some other pictures of her playing.





Rik got me a new camera for my birthday. Here is the first picture that was taken with it:


We got the tomatoes and cucumbers planted. The cucumbers were peaking through the dirt yesterday. If you look really close though, you can see that a dog or cat got into my garden last night, and pulled out some more carrots! I have one more spot for another tomato plant (I'm just sure I can find an "early girl" variety to put in that spot...) I also got some flowers planted on the side of my house.



Matt and Deborah and the girls came up last night. It was so fun!! Matt worked on Rik's car again, well that doesn't sound fun, but he is amazing as usual, and the thing runs like it's brand new. I sure wish Rik got some of the "mechanic" genes, but I think Matt hogged them all. Taisha and Malia ended up stowing away in Matt and Deborah's car, so they are in Soda for a couple days of fun with the cousins and the mosquitoes.

Kayden and Rik get to go to Youth Conference at Island Park tomorrow. If you do the math, that means I will only have 2 kids left home. And those two live outside with the next door neighbors. They have had so much fun playing with all the nieghborhood kids. McKay and Anaya get along really good with the two little girls that live next door, and I have LOVED having them outside playing. They play until they are exhausted.

I'm reading the 2nd book in the Ranger's Apprentice series, and really enjoying it. I can't beleive that we are heading into July already! June has flown by!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Lex, your garden looks YUMMY! I love the bunny ears by Anaya too! YOur kids are so cute. Anyways, we actually have been to Leo's my kids love it, especially Isaiah, he asks if we can go there EVERY time he is up! We went to Blast Off last time and they really liked that one too. Do you know if there is a fee for Rigby Lake? Riv's is dying to "go to the beach", she tells me everyday. Talk to you later, Michelle

Samantha said...

Looks like super fun at your house, as usual! I am so jealous of all the cousins your kids have!! My poor kids!! How fun they get to go play in Soda! Do you think Debz would mind if I shipped my kids there? Hahaha. :)

Murdoch Clan said...

Lex, I just have to say that we're loving have your girls here in Soda! Malia is just such an amazing Young Woman, she's very mature for her age and I'm loving her to pieces! Taisha just eats my kids alive and I think she's so amazing! They will seriously be incredible mommas someday!

Kimberly said...

I need you to come use your green thumb on my garden. I wonder if the same cat that got into yours is the one that scratches my tree. Your children are so cute. I LOVE having Malia come over. My kids cry alot less on the days she is here. Shane and I hope we can be great parents like you guys someday. I'm going to be telling Sadie just watch the finlayson girls and you'll know what to do.