Thursday, June 5, 2008

Malia's birthday party

Malia had her birthday party tonight. I sent them on a photo scavenger hunt around the neighborhood. It took them 2 hours to find almost everything on the list and get their picture with it. I sent Taisha with them to be the photographer, and she took some cute pictures! Then they came home, ate (BBQ hamburgers), and made picture frames. They played Capture the Flag, had cake, opened presents, and phew, barely got everything done before it was time for everyone to go home! Malia loved it, and I'll tell you what.... easy party to throw together... (we finally got around to delivering invitations last night.... I started working on what we were going to do late last night, got everything this morning, and had it all together by the time the party started....)



School is all over with, and I love having a little freedom in the schedule... but I don't have the routine down yet. I have this constant feeling that I am forgetting something.... but it's just because I'm not used to my day now that everyone is home. Baseball games have started up, Malia heads off to volleyball camp tomorrow, and the kids have had lots and lots of friends over (yes, that is desperation to have the basement done you hear in my voice....) Rik is all done with his big training runs, and is only running 6 - 10 miles a day.... only 9 more days until the big marathon. I have some more pictures of my sister's baby... I'll try to get them up tomorrow...

3 comments:

Lyn said...

Sounds likes a super fun party! You are so creative. Hope Rik does well. Can't believe he is running that far. He and Jeff(Xela's hubby) need to get together sometime and run their little hearts out:) Good luck! Have a great summer!

Sarah Smith said...

Rik and Alexa hey your kids are getting so big. I remember them being so small just down the street from my mom and dad. Hope you don't mind me checking out your page. sarah anderson smith

Michelle said...

Hey Lex, ahh yeah I started a blog. I just don't have anything to write about. I can't post "I sat at home with my kids all day" everyday, can I? So I haven't really told anyone about it, cause there is really nothing on there yet. I love yours though, I always check in on it! Next time we have a b-day I'm going to have to get some ideas from you, Malia's looked so fun! Have a good day, Michelle