Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yippee!!! Pictures of the Basement!

Carpet went in yesterday..... and boy, what a difference that makes!! I still have a little more painting (doors, window sills, and touch ups), but it's getting really close. I think I would be more excited it I wasn't up til 3 every night. Last night I had a chance to get to bed closer to 12:30 or 1, but we stayed up until 2 talking about how excited we were....how pathetic are we?!

Malia's room. Her room is going to be pink and brown.

Kayden's room is gray, blue and black.

Coming down the stairs (oooh...look how daring the color!)




I have been tagged a bunch lately in my email so I thought I would hurry and post one here:

6 Things about me.

1. I grew up in Canada. I moved to the United States between grade 8 and 9th grade. I can still speak fluent Canadianese if I feel like it.

2. I sang in an Opera when I was up at Rick's College. I played the part of a boy that was pretending to be a girl from The Marriage of Figaro. I can still sing the first verse of my favorite song in Italian (it sounds like garbage now, but I remember the words.)

3. I love to read movie reviews. Tons of them.... and I also like to read comment boards about movies to see what everyone is saying about the movies. I can tell you how many stars each movie received and which reviewer said what.... but I don't actually like to go to the movies, and almost never go. And speaking of reading, I also like to read the last chapter or 2 of every book I read , and sometimes the last few pages of every chapter as well. I just can't help myself. I'm really bad at keeping suprises a surprise too.

4. I was a contestant in the Miss Idaho Falls Pageant. My voice teacher suggested it as a "good performance experience." I was singing lots and lots those days. I did the whole thing.... swim suit, evening gown, talent, interview.... the works (um, yes, I did say swim suit... I wore a nice blue swim suit... which I still have.... and which the guy I was dating at the time said was too modest.... one track mind on those teen aged boys!) I have the whole thing on video, hiding in an undisclosed place in my house. The worst part was I did it for the performance experience, and ended up with a nasty head cold the night of the performance. My voice teacher had me drinking lemon/honey water and Robitussin by the bottle (she swears by that stuff to clean the gunk out of the pipes). Robitussin can also cause drowsiness, so I'm just glad I stayed on my feet all night... especially for that whole swim suit with heels thing....

5. I majored in math. I started out majoring in music, but decided I didn't quite fit in with the music group (some music majors are a little out there!), so I changed to math, and found that there were odd people there too, I just fit in better with them. Right now I use all that math knowledge to correct all my kids math homework and make sure they don't get too frustrated trying to learn it. I'm almost giddy that Kayden has geometry next year (although this is the 4th time I've been through 4th grade math.... and it's not quite as fun this time around.)

6. I am not all that athletic or competitive (ask Rik, he'll confirm). I tried track and field when I was in jr. high in Canada, and then when we moved to the states I thought I would try cross country. On my first run (after living here only a few weeks), I got really lost, had to run until I found a gas station, called my mom, and told her to come pick me up, where ever I was. I was so embarassed, and because of that I haven't run since (that and running makes me out of breath, sweat, sore, and tired). Traumatic running experience when I was young.... that's why I don't run... ya, that's my story!

5 comments:

Xela said...

Wow, the basement looks SOOOO GOOD! I bet you are loving it and can't wait to move in! Tell my Cuz he did a great job! :) And I love the colors!

Lyn said...

Love the basement and the colors are great! So happy for you. Loved learning more about you. Didn't know you were in the Miss I.F.. Cool.

Michelle and Cal said...

Thanks for posting. I look forward to your posts like a lot of people look forward to their favorite column in a newspaper. I was reading on your other website, and was laughing out loud. I was dying about the thankful for the potty thing from McKay and his snorking experience. You are such a great writer. You write just like you talk. Great voice (ya I teach that to my 6th graders) so I know it's hard to do!

Alana Puawai Finlayson said...

your basement looks awesome lex!!! I bet youre in heaven right now!!!
love you :)

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

The basement looks GREAT, I can't wait to see it in person. I bet the kids are just as excited as you are!
And it was fun to read things about you that I had no idea you did. Like the pageant, you're brave. I wouldn't do that if someone paid me a million bucks!