Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Technical Difficulties

Last week my kid's elementary school had a fund raiser at Barnes and Noble. They scheduled each grade to come and perform, and then you bring parents, grandparents, neighbors etc; to come buy stuff at the Barnes and Noble and a percentage of that money would go back to the school. I was lucky enough to have kids performing three nights last week (I think the school office staff hates me.... first, because they asked me to be a "walking school bus" (yes, that does involve wearing a huge yellow jacket that says I'm a "walking school bus," and second, because they scheduled all my kids on different nights.) I remembered to bring the camera to two out of three kids performances... not bad statistics.... but naturally I forgot the camera on Taisha's night. My friend Kim's grandma has me very worried that I might be overlooking my "middle child," (long story... I'll explain later), so I took a quick picture with my cell phone. It turned out like this:


Oh well....I tried, hopefully that doesn't ruin Taisha. Taisha's in the red hoodie, I'm sure with a perfect smile and eyes wide open. Here's the picture of McKay, who went kicking and screaming because it was more important to reach the next level of Lego Indiana Jones, than fund raise for the school.

McKay is in the middle row, second from the left. He actually sang, well, for most of it! (McKay just walked by and said, "Mom, you should have taken my coat off!" *sigh.)

Malia sang with the performing group she joined. I have the whole thing recorded on my camera. I just need to take some time to convert my camera's Quicktime video so I can edit it shorter (I don't have Quicktime Pro, or any of the software I need to do that...so I need to spend some time finding some free stuff online to do all that). Malia's solo was about 20 seconds, the whole song is a lot longer than that. I'll try to get that done later.

I took McKay to get picture retakes last week, and I give up. He is so cute and smiley in real life, but get him in front of a really nice photographer, and McKay just couldn't work it out. His expression changed from "What? Picture? Who me?" To "Ack! Does a smile go up or down in the middle? I can't remember!!! I'll just open my mouth. Phew, glad that's over!" Oh well.

The basement is so close. I would be moving kids in right now, but the door and trim guy caught the flu last week, so everything got pushed back a week. He should finish up Friday afternoon, and carpet is scheduled for early next week. And I only pouted a little bit over all that.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Alexa, you are such a fun writer!

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

fun, fun, fun. That's all I can say! How did Tiasha's Veterans project turn out?

Murdoch Clan said...

Yay for you! SO excited that carpet is finally coming in soon!! Yippe KYE YAY!