Monday, December 8, 2008

Just Breath



Friday night Malia's little singing group had a performance at The Gables. She said she was nervous... but I don't think she was as nervous as me. I started out really excited, until it was her turn... then my mouth got dry, I got all shaky, got butterflies in my stomach, I ended up handing the camera to Rik, cause I didn't think I could hold it straight, then got teary eyed cause she was doing such a good job, and then I just tried to catch my breath until she was done. Sheesh.. you would have thought I was up there performing.

We had an awesome weekend. I got McKay and Anaya's room re-painted. I went two shades lighter than before, and it looks a lot better. I started out only painting 3 out of the 4 walls with the new, lighter color, thinking that might look nice (no, I was not just being lazy, mostly.... well, maybe just a little bit), but ended up painting the fourth wall the next day. It looks so much better! We got the closet organizers in and all the toys washed and put in. I re-did the decorations in Malia's room (her room looked a little off to me... but looks much better now).

On Sunday we went to the handbell concert with a whole bunch of family (we were sooooo happy to see the Soda family that joined us!), came back and ate, and then went to the dancing lights in Iona (that's what my kids call them, cause the lights on the house dance to music.) One of the songs that plays is Carol of the Bells, which is Anaya's favorite Christmas song (one of about 20 favorites). Last year she called that song the DoDo song, cause there's usually no words just "Do dodo do, do dodo do..." So when Carol of the Bells started playing at the dancing lights house, Kayden told Naya that the DoDo song was playing, and she let everyone know that it was not called the DoDo song, but rather Carol Bells. Glad that's cleared up.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

WOW! Malia sounded amazing! I would have been teary-eyed too! Great job!!
PS - The dodo song is my favorite too! :)

Alana Puawai Finlayson said...

wow she is amazing at singing! I'm so jealous.. I got goose bumps.. ha ha gees! love your kiddies.. love ya lex!!
Alana

Alana Puawai Finlayson said...

oh my goodness.. I keep listening to it ha ha..

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

Malia is awesome. Every time I watch her sing, I get goose bumps! Tell she did such a good job. Will she be doing more singing closer to Christmas? Like after the 22nd? That's when we'll be there, I'd love to see her perform.

Mandy H said...

I think moms usually end up more nervous then the kiddos. She is so good, what talent. :)

Murdoch Clan said...

It was a blast! Thanks so much for inviting us! That Malia Balia, is amazing at what she does, I'm so proud of her! I hope my girls have the opportunity to overcome the "fear" of performing, but I can say it doesn't get any easier the older you get! Way to go Malia!!! LOve you guys, we had a blast at your beautiful house I love it! Little Laura