Monday, December 22, 2008

Why every house needs a bannister:


Lots and lots of snow today... and lots of kids playing in it!

Tonight for FHE we watched the new youth DVD that they are showing on New Years Eve to introduce the 2009 theme. Jeffery R. Holland starts the whole thing out with an awesome message, I really enjoyed that. But then, I don't know if I'm just too old now or what (Rik says it's because I'm heathen.......... whatever Lamonite!), but it was just so cheesy. Rik had told me beforehand that it was going to be even better than High School Musical (also cheesy), and I guess I don't know what I was expecting, but I had to keep covering my eyes because I was kind of embarrassed watching it. Finally Rik told me to go make the rice pudding I had planned for our treat tonight, I think so I didn't have to watch any more. Anaya came up to help me. And after her help I decided that she has "future Relief Society President" written all over her.... except that she's kind of vocal and might offend occasionally. While I was starting the rice pudding, I asked her to get a bowl to put it in, and she went right for the festive red bowl, and told me it was because it was Christmas, and it needed to match. She then told me that we should get some Santa hats and wear them when we dish out every one's pudding, because that would look good, especially if we had Santa bowls. Huh, I'm pretty sure I wasn't thinking about proper presentation of the dessert at 4 years old.

So tonight is the night that I get all my wrapping done. Last night and the night before just didn't work out because I keep going to bed instead of wrapping.... but sheesh, I'm running out of time! (But Rik fell asleep on the couch downstairs watching that DVD, so I would have the WHOLE bed to myself........I could always wrap tomorrow right?!)

2 comments:

MOANA said...

So did you wear the hat as you dished out dessert? Ha,ha! Anaya you are so cute, at four you are a contender for being the next generations Martha Stewart!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute that she was thinking like that, reminds me of my sisters they are so that way! I have to work to be the hostess with the mostess. :) And yes, you can always wrap tomorrow, that has been my motto and now I need to be wrapping right now...

Well I will wait until naptime for jaden today. Hopefully I can resist the urge to nap too!!!