Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gotta work on that HUMILITY thing



Anaya got her ears pierced yesterday, and she was so excited to get them pierced that she didn't cry, or even flinch! When we were leaving she told me that now everyone is going to say she is even more beautiful! Sheesh, we just got her re-trained to say thank you to a compliment instead of "I know" (like, "Anaya, your hair looks cute today." "Ya, I know"). But apparently we still have some more work to do. (Hehe... she's on the floor beside me, and just asked McKay if he wants to see her earrings again because they are GORGEOUS!)


We got the Christmas stuff up for FHE last night. I have a few more things I want to do, like put lights on the new tree in the front yard, but for the most part all our halls are decked! Notice that in the picture Kayden is wearing the stockings on his feet....he's also holding the Target ad that came in the mail yesterday... he was busy telling me all the things he wants from Santa.... festive!

You know how a smell or a song can take you back years and remind you of memories? Here's my weird Christmas thing that makes me feel all Christmas-y like when I was little: The Chipmunks Christmas CD...and we have two of them, and they both just make me all excited for Christmas. Rik can only handle about 30 seconds though, but for those 30 seconds, I feel all that anticipation and excitement like when I was little waiting for Christmas to get here.

All this lifting, painting, furniture rearranging, and stuff is doing a number on my back... so I haven't been sleeping all that well. Maybe I need to get into a Chiropractor, but the other morning (when my back is at it's worst), I was having the oddest dream. I was part of some reality show, kind of like the chef and designer shows on Bravo, only this one was for masseuses. I wasn't one of the contestants, but I was one of the judges, that had to judge how well the massages were given. So there were weekly challenges (I have no idea what they were.....) that involved my back getting massaged. I smell a million dollar contract deal with Bravo for this stellar idea (cause there's nothing more exciting than watching someone get a massage!) It's kind of like the Stephenie Meyer dream a bazillion dollar book thing. Or, maybe I just need to get to a chiropractor, and get a decent night of sleep....

5 comments:

house full of girls said...

It's so good to hear about your cute family. And hopefully the Clarks well get thier halls decked soon. Sue

Samantha said...

CUTE earrings!! I would say "I know" too if I was as adorable as she is!! Love your dream! I would totally be a judge on that show! Count me in!! :)

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

cute pictures! And I love Anaya's earrings. How does she like having them cleaned?
I can't wait for Christmas cause we'll be there!! And I agree with you, there's nothing like the chipmunks around Christmas time!

Murdoch Clan said...

Too funny Lex! Your halls are always decked, love the energy, and the fun at your house always. Anaya's ears pierced are GORGEOUS she's right on, whether she's humble or not. MY KIDS ADORE the chipmunk CD too! It's one of our favorites next to Grinch, Mariah Carey, Jessica Simpson, Forgotten Carols, and Polar Express soundtracks. Anyways, hope your back get's massaged by numerous average JOES trying to make it big in the real world! Love your dream, too funny! Laura

Xela said...

I think Anaya and Elena would be awesome buddies if we lived closer. Elena told me the other day, "mom no one at school told me that my outfit was cute", I said "oh really I am sorry". She said "yeah well they just don't know fashion." To Funny!