Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas and o holy embarassing....


Friday night was our ward's Christmas party. The theme for primary next year is "My Eternal Family." We are going to decorate our bulletin board in the primary room with pictures of every one's families. I tried to get as many family pictures taken at the party as I could. This is ours (notice that McKay has food in his mouth.... I guess that's what happens when you take pictures at a dinner....)

Also on Friday one of the stores in the mall was having a one day sale of 50% off your entire purchase. I thought I would go see if I could find something to wear to church this week. I had Anaya with me (who loves to shop). I grabbed a few skirts and shirts to try on and headed to the dressing rooms. While I was in there, Anaya in her nice, loud, clear as a bell voice said, "Mom, why do you have such big chestes?" (And that's exactly how she pronounced it.... with the plural "ez" on the end.) I tried to quietly shush her, so she yelled "Why do I have to be quiet?!" Oddly, me and my big chestes didn't find anything at that store.....

We have 9:00 church, which I really like, and we get there on time just about every Sunday, but I have to cut some corners to get there sometimes. Like brushing teeth in the car, and putting on lotion and chapstick during the opening song.... stuff like that. I usually bring McKay and Anaya's breakfast with us (usually cinnamon waffles or Eggo muffin tops) wrapped in a paper towel and put in a zip lock bag. Today was no exception, and after McKay finished his waffle, I put the paper towel back in the zip lock bag and sealed it back up. A couple minutes later I had to switch spots with Anaya, so she wasn't sitting by McKay (which should just be the assigned seating rule every week.......) When I sat down though, I sat right on the sealed zip lock bag, which then popped, kind of gun shot-like.....nice and loud. I looked around to see who had noticed.... judging by the expression on Rik's face, they heard it on the stand..... the family behind me was laughing, and after Kayden passed the sacrament, he sat down and asked me if I was the gun shot noise..... so they heard it over there too. Sheesh.....

I had sharing time today, and we put on a nativity pageant. It was so fun! While I was getting all the costumes out, Anaya came in all excited because she wanted to be the princess in the pageant but was pouty and mad when I told her there were no princesses in the nativity story. I finally talked her into being an angel, as long as it was a pretty angel. On our way out to the car after primary, Anaya told me that she looked like an angel, but she was really the princess.....

6 comments:

MOANA said...

I am laughing so hard!! Your posts always make me laugh, I love how you tell your life events. You are good at finding the humor in everything! Have a Merry Christmas, much love Moana

Samantha said...

That is funny...and embarassing. :) Glad you're laughing, you are laughing right? :) The primary nativity looks awesome - you are amazing! And I think it is better that the bag sounded like a gun shot - knowing my luck, it would have sounded like a big fart or something. :)

A little embarassing moment of my own - Tegan is still a little confused about the different plumbing between girls and boys. A couple weeks ago we were in a busy public restroom and I had to pee. (You know, I have to pee ALOT these days!) Tegan very loudly asked why I always have to poop. I tried to shoosh him and remind him quietly that I wasn't pooping but that girls sit down to pee. He said "OH YA! You pee out your bum!" The looks on people's faces as I was washing my hands was hilarious. Good times! :)

Holyoak Family said...

I love your family. I am glad I am not the only one things like that happen to! We love you guys so much! Love Brett

Holyoak Family said...

Alexa-yes I am back. Check out the incredibly BRAVE thing I am doing on bretts losing it. You can get there through our family blog. SCARY. Gotta love the snow.

Britney said...

Man...why does everything funny happen when we miss church? We were in Utah on Sunday, I wish I could have been there for the gun-shot noise! Hilarious! Sorry my kids were over so long yesterday. I feel like I've completely lost control over here! Love your posts! (and your kids...they are adorable)
Britney

Jeannette said...

Merry Christmas, Alexa!!!! Your posts are wonderful. I could just imagine the scene at Sacrament Meeting. It made me laugh pretty hard.
Love the basement. You did a great job. It is good to read about your family and to know all is well.
Wishing you all a wonderful New Year!