Friday, January 9, 2009

Alright, now I'm ready for the week to begin...

I think I needed one more week of Christmas break, but with the kids in school.... does that make sense? This week Rik has been in New Mexico for work. I'm glad he doesn't have to travel a lot, and you know me, always thinking positive..... with Rik gone this week, cooking dinner has been minimal (or non-existent). We had sandwiches, mac and cheese, frozen chicken nuggets, frozen pizza, and chili cheater burritos. (I wouldn't want to eat like that all the time, but every now and again, the break from cooking is just what I need!) Oh, and we had Florence chocolates, but they were the nut ones, so the good for you kind. And I have decided that doing laundry for 6 people is totally manageable. You wouldn't think one more person would make a huge difference, but I was on top of my laundry every day with Rik gone, and that's not the case when the whole family is here. Also, Kayden was thrilled to have a hot shower EVERY DAY this week! But probably the best part about this week, has been my back, which has been miraculously cured! I have really had a hard time sleeping for the last 6 months or more (my back aches so much by about 4 in the morning I can hardly sleep!), and I just figured maybe it was all the work on the basement, or maybe I needed a new mattress, or maybe some chiropractic work done, or worse yet, maybe I needed to start some exercise/Pilate's/yoga routine ugh ..... But I have felt great all week, and have slept like a rock! Now, I'm not saying that Rik is causing my bad sleep (yes I am), but wow! I feel like a whole new person! So here is my solution:


Queen over Queen bunk beds. I'm not so fond of the huge knotty logs.... I'm, more an Ikea-type of a girl, like I wish they made this in a queen-size:


How cool is that! Couch by day, transforms to bunk beds by night! But it seems there's not a huge variety of queen-sized bunk beds for me to pick from, which is too bad. I think Rik would have liked sleeping on the top too. Nothing says exciting like sleeping 1/2 an inch under the ceiling fan!

Rik should be home about 1:00 this afternoon, and he is taking the 3 older kids snowboarding at about 4:00. Hopefully there is some good snow in the mountains. It's kind of melted off here, and last night we were supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow, and this is what we woke up to:


I'm not complaining though. Rik had to get up at 3:30 this morning to get to the airport on time, so I'm just hoping he stays awake and alert so nothing like this happens.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think the bunk beds are the perfect solution! And I love Ikea too.

Samantha said...

I am DYING over the bunk beds! I would laugh so hard to walk into your master bedroom and see bunk beds! So funny! But whatever works right - a mom has to have her sleep!!

debzfinn said...

lol...u nut..miss ya...its stinkn hot here ..come over here we can beach hunt

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

you are hilarious! Thats really all i have to say, thanks for the real laugh out loud moment.

Holyoak Family said...

You are so clever to think of such great solutions! Congratulations on the week off of dinners! Isn't it funny what we get excited about!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

The queen bunk beds is truly inspired. I am with you in choosing Ikea over the knotty pines look, but if someone has a rustic theme going in their house, the bed made of logs is definitely the way to go.

I too have way too many problems sleeping. (It is 4:15 as I am writing this.) Thank goodness for the blogosphere, though. Now, through the power of the internet, I am able to put my time to good use! :)

-Francesca

Mandy H said...

That is pretty funny, what a hilarious thought hubby and wife in bunk beds. Cracks me up!