Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh ya, I remember... I have a blog!

I really have no excuses.... I haven't been any more busy than usual, and haven't taken on any big projects..... At any rate, today I'm going to do the "Readers Digest" version of my blog and say I'm all caught up.

Rik had a birthday. His favorite gift...... a jar of pickled okra. Ya, I said "blech" even typing it.

McKay is pretty serious about his Star Wars Jedi training, practicing several hours a night with his light saber and in his bath robe, which you can't call a robe because he thinks only girls wear robes.... but "bath cloak" is just fine. I can tell he's pretty serious about this because he tried to use the force to get the hymn book in sacrament meeting on Sunday. He and his best friend Tate practice all their best moves so they can be Jedi's together someday. Tate comes over in a Storm Trooper outfit just about every time. McKay really wants one too. I really don't get all this. I don't think Anaya gets it (she keeps asking if she can be O-B-Do-B-Do or maybe the fairy, which makes McKay crazy.... and makes him tell the whole story of Star Wars from the prequels to the end.....) I think he would be more upset to know that Star Wars isn't real than Santa.

I read an AWESOME book. I finished "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins last week. Kayden is half way through it, and says the same thing....soooo goooood (He doesn't use as many ooo's though.) Just a side note: It wasn't as barbaric/Mad Max/science fiction as I thought it was going to be.

I totally bombed on these Christmas gifts. I didn't mention them in my last post about the stellar job I did buying Christmas this year, because I thought maybe they would get play time when the kids went back to school.... but they still haven't been touched!




Poor dolly even looks sad just sitting there (which is where she has been since Christmas Day.) Here's what has been a HUGE hit though and gets played every day:


Rik got Malia, Taisha, McKay and Anaya Sansa MP3 players, little external speakers and the docking stations. Then he Rock Boxed the Sansas (which he has explained numerous times to me.... and all I got is now it handles more memory and can do all sorts of cool things), so they can play games and watch videos (McKay's is packed full of Star Wars clips....Anaya's is High School Musical and her favorite radio tunes.) The older kids like them, and I get that, but McKay and Anaya are 5 and 4 years old, and it seems kind of weird that I might not have to buy any more babies. (The Barbie's haven't been played with either, and this is the longest ANY Barbie in my house has had clothes on!)

McKay is reading like a pro. Especially books that are called "Rob on a dog, on a hog, on a log, in a bog." Which he has to read to me three times.

I found Taisha a "real" piano teacher..... apparently I wasn't good enough. *sniff*

We've ("we" meaning everyone else, not me, 'cause I don't like snow) had two snow boarding trips (and the snow is terrible this year... kind of like snow boarding on concrete... don't fall down or it will bruise! Way too warm and no new snow in over two weeks!)

Alrighty then..... I'm right in the middle of the 8th Ranger Apprentice book, which I had to order from Australia again (they only have the first 4 or 5 books here in the States). Good series of books! I'm waiting to get "The Finlayson Blog" book, which should be here this week I think. I'll let you know how it looks (that's about as close as I get to scrap booking.)

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

OK, they seriously need a Snuggie to be true Jeni Knights!

And picked Okra? Really?

Samantha said...

I LOVE your catch-up post. Just a little bit of everything to make me feel like I know what's been going on. :) Though - I need more info on the MP3 players. My kids (especially Bradyn) really want something like that!

Lyn said...

So glad to hear from you! You totally crack me up with your blogs! I love reading them!:) McKay is just to cute with his Star Wars. He needs to get together with my grandsons. They too love Star Wars, (maybe not quite as much as McKay). Love ya!

Steve and Jeanine said...

Spencer is way into Star Wars stuff too. Now even Sam has to fight with the light sabers- that's when everyone runs!
I've decided that we brought the cold weather with us. Everyone is telling me it's been the coldest winter here in 15 years. I'm doomed, it's gonna follow me wherever I go! But at least it's giving you a milder winter than last year!

MOANA said...

I love that McKay is so into Star Wars! Liam loves it as well much to his daddys joy and happiness. I love reading whats going on with you so I am glad that you remebered you have a blog.Cant wait to hear about your blog book! I totally want one and so I will be asking you tons of questions I am sure. Much love, Moana
Oh yeah hope Rik had a great bday and Taisha(?) as well.

Holyoak Family said...

I love your family blogs. Your kids crack me up! Happy Birthday to Rik. Boy is he easy to please with the favorite gift. I am a huge fan of fried okra myself.Pickled? Not so sure about that!!!!