Friday, January 30, 2009

Stuff that just didn't cut it.....

I was on Naval Gazing the other day and she decided to "out" some of her half-written blogs that were sitting in the "draft" folder. I have a few of those too, so I thought I would do a little blog-cleaning. Here's some of the stuff that was in there and why they haven't been posted (mostly because I'm a dork):

Um, This Says A Lot About Me
Anaya and I have run so many errands lately, and now every time we get in the car Anaya asks if we are going to Mickle Donalds, Article Circle, or Kirby's today. *Sigh* It seems with all the shopping like a crazy person, we may have eaten out a little too much... and quite possibly I speak with a lisp... I'm not really sure where she gets her pronunciations of those fast food places... (By the way, Kirby's is Arby's.)

This was during December when I was Christmas shopping. I just couldn't seem to fit this post anywhere... and it kind of made me look like I ate out a lot...


What?! Where did THAT come from!

So here are a couple things about me: I have a high pain tolerance. I delivered all of my babies naturally, except for McKay, because I wanted to try an epidural, wasn't a fan, and went back to all natural for Anaya. I also bruise REALLY easily. Which usually means that I have massive purple and green bruises, that look like they should have hurt, and that I should have some recollection of getting them...but don't. Like this bruise that I woke up with on my thigh:

[Insert picture of my thigh with a big bruise on it, only somehow I managed to hit the "pasty white, spider-vein magnifier" setting on my camera, and no one wants to see that... trust me... The picture has been deleted from my camera, the computer, and the recycle bin, and you would have to have FBI technical skills to retrieve it]

Enough said on why that post didn't make it.

I Love My Job!
I clean an office building 3 times a week with my mom. I love this job... except for the cleaning part.... The 15 minute commute, the funny things that happen when we're cleaning and the good conversation is the best though. It takes us anywhere from an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and 45 minutes depending on how messy they were, how many dumb things we do, and how much time we spend laughing about the dumb thing we did.

I was wanting to share some of the funny things that happen while we are cleaning... like how my mom had a whole soap opera going on in her head between all the people in the office, and the story line was based off of what was in their garbage cans, and who was gone at the same time as someone else... or how I trip over the floor ALL the time... I don't know if I just don't pick up my feet or what... but I seem especially prone to tripping while walking in front of my mom, or how she's out to get me with the extension cord from the vacuum (I got her back by accidentally hitting her with the mop once), or how it doesn't seem to matter how many times we've done this, we (meaning my mom) can still miss a room (the lunchroom) every now and again..... but I'm not pointing fingers... or how the office has developed a personality and we (mostly me, I think) talk to it... or some of the nicknames we have made up for different people and their offices... But as soon as I started typing some of it, I decided you probably needed to be there....

What the Blond Hair!
I got a hair cut today. I got there, told her that I needed everything trimmed, and that the top seemed too heavy, so I needed it texturized. She asked me what side I parted my hair on, and I promptly told her THE WRONG SIDE, and didn't realize it until she was part way through my hair cut, and then I was too embarrassed to tell her that I'm a dork... so she just cut and texturized my hair on the wrong side... and now it looks like this every time I do my hair:


I have been trying to do my hair on the other side, but I can't work the blow dryer and brush on that side of my head.

Right when I was going to post this I read this on one of my favorite blogs... and she was WAY funnier than me.... so this post just sits there in drafts.

Ew! Don't Eat That!
At my house no one is an especially picky eater. Some don't eat as much as others, but everyone is pretty willing to try just about anything. They get this from Rik.... not me. I'm not a picky eater, but I'm also not an adventurous eater. Rik on the other hand, eats some of the most bizarre things (and by bizarre I mean, I don't eat them....) Every morning he has his oatmeal and a glass of blueberry/pomegranate juice with his freshly ground flax seed in it (he has a coffee grinder at home and at work to grind it up.) He takes his protein powder with him to work, to drink sometime during the day along with his favorite supplements (fish oil is among them). He loves anything pickled (asparagus and okra are his favorites). Later on in the afternoon he drinks a glass of V8 Spicy with pimento stuffed olives in it (he says he actually CRAVES this and can hardly wait to drink it.) He snacks on wasabi peanuts and grapefruit covered in salt. I could probably write a whole paragraph on the cheeses he likes, and the time he made blue cheese and salmon sandwiches in the microwave (oh man, it smelled so bad.... I can't even....)

And that's as far as I got, cause all of a sudden my stomach wasn't feeling that great.... and I didn't want to spend anymore time on his weird food habits. To his credit though, I don't know if it is his food or what, but he is never sick. He has never taken a sick day from work since we got married, and that says a lot right there. But he is no longer allowed to make melted stinky cheese fish sandwiches in the microwave.

And so there you have it.... I've cleaned out all the garbage that was in my "drafts" folder. I'm curious though, does anyone else have half-written stuff that is not worthy to be posted?

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh my goodness! We have the same hair! Did you see my "Do Not Read" post? But I was the idiot and did it myself.

Holyoak Family said...

I have had a horrible day and I knew your blog would cheer me up! Thanks. I don't have anything in the drafts folder. I am a finisher. Even if I did it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining as yours! Your hair looks great.

McGary Family said...

Too funny!! Brett made me read it and it was a good laugh. Thanks for sharing! I don't have any unfinished stories either because I don't do this very often.

Debi said...

I'm posting a comment so I can be in the "blog book" next year. It was a hilarious post, though

Samantha said...

I love them all and am happy you posted them, even unfinished...except the food one. That is disgusting and I feel sick just thinking about the microwave sandwich. He is a sick sick man, or not, apparently. Who never takes sick days? Crazy! :)

DeAnn said...

Hey!!!! I look like a bigger dork than you do with the office cleaning stories. Totally unfair even if it is the truth. Hate that.

MOANA said...

I have sheets of paper everywhere and all over my computer of things I was thinking about to include on my blog, I just don't seem to have the time to get them completed the way I would like! So a lot of what you listed off as Riks fave food, I guilty enjoy myself! I laughed so hard when I read this, I thought I was alone in my taste of food, looks like it might be heriditary or something! Glad you posted this, I didnt realized you had your kids naturally, I learned something new and interesting everyday! Have a great weekend, Moana