Sunday, May 24, 2009

All the Fun Things That are May

Holy smokes April and May have been jam packed! We are down to the last 3 1/2 days of school though, and I think we might make it!

This is Taisha on her way to her 4th grade Idaho program. They had 2 performances, and she had to do a project on Idaho. We did a topography map of Idaho with different dried peas and beans representing mountains, hills, plains, and water. When you're in 4th grade it is a big deal if you are chosen as one of the square dancers for the program... and Taisha was one of them. It was an excellent program. My favorite part though was the guy two rows in front of us who REALLY, REALLY loved the program. I thought he was going to fall off his chair laughing at the Hee Haw - style jokes, and he was a very enthusiastic clapper! He made my whole night... oh and Taisha did too... she made a cute square dancer!

Malia had a bug project due last week, and she was assigned the flame skimmer dragonfly. I LOVED this project (except for when the balloons would pop unexpectedly and that one time I was tying the balloon up, and it about took my nail off!) and I think I have found a new talent! It turns out I am a genius at balloon animals!! (Malia got extra credit for making it's habitat.... warm pond with grass.) (Don't look at my messy counter top... we had multiple projects going on, and my craft cupboard was emptied all over the kitchen! I had a hard time finding a clean surface to put the dragonfly down and take a picture!)


Anaya had her preschool graduation last week as well. They had a little program and picnic. This is right up her ally, and she has been singing the songs over and over for weeks! It was a beautiful day too!



Then yesterday we loaded up the family and headed to Soda Springs (this was the first time the whole family has been in the new van at the same time!) for Jesse and Esther's wedding. Yummy food, great program, and so fun to see the family!

We are all done with the big school projects, and Malia and Kayden have been studying all weekend for the last of their finals. I think the whole family is ready for lazy summer days, and a little less to do, I know I am.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Your balloon firefly is awesome!

Samantha said...

You are such an amazing mom. I don't know where you come up with all these project ideas but you can bet i will be calling you in a couple years! :) Anaya looks so big in those pictures to me, maybe it's because I only know her through blogging land really. :) Wish we could have made it to the wedding. What a great family picture!!

Debi said...

Well, it looks like you found the colors you needed for the wedding. And thank heavens all our school projects are over! The dragonfly looked great!

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

I didn't know you got a new van. That's exciting! You are the super Mom that I want to be like when my kids grow up. Between all the projects you come up with and running to this activity and this one. You're amazing!! So, if your summer is going to be so lazy, don't you want to take a vacation to Germany? We'd love visitors. :) And cute pictures, I love your family photo!