Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Spring break came just in time! I was so ready for a break!! We went to Utah and stayed in a hotel with a water slide. We swam, ate, swam, ate some more, swam, watched a movie while eating.... you get the point! We also spent some time shopping, wandered through the Discovery Museum, and found the true meaning of Easter at the Temple Visitor's Center and on Temple Square.








The kids went back to school the Monday after Easter, and the next day (Tuesday) we had a nice big blizzard and school was canceled!! I love that the only snow day we had this year was in April! I was so happy to have that bonus day off!! And on a day that I could have gotten quite a bit done, I did a whole lot of nothing! I finished the book I was reading, caught up on Project Runway, slept in, took a nap, and went to bed early! Perfect day in my opinion. The book I was reading was "Savvy." The weekend before Easter Malia and I went to Utah for the Young Women broadcast with the girls in our ward. While we were driving down we talked a little about books, and one of the moms recommended the book "Zippy." So while we were shopping before the broadcast, I walked into Barnes and Noble, saw the book "Savvy," and was excited because that was the book Lisa was telling me about, so I bought it. Zippy... Savvy... whatever! I hurried right out to show Lisa that I bought the book she told me about. Ya, I'm that cool. (It was a good book non the less!)

1 comment:

Debi said...

Looks like fun, where are the shopping pics? : )