Saturday, April 3, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010 (Yes... I know it's April)

I'm going to try to do a little bit of "blog catch-up." So many fun things happened during February and March. I kind of wish they were spread out over about a 6 month period, instead of two months! I don't know if we were just lucky or what, but in the past, activities and appointments just worked out and sequenced one with another. This year was the first time that things were on top of things. And nothing worked well together! I would have to have one kid to 3 different places at the same time... or 3 kids to 3 different places at the same time. Basketball was on top of gymnastics on top of play practice. Or piano festival was at the same time as the play performance, and Malia should have been on the road to a volleyball tournament all at the same time. The last two months really put my "mom superhero powers" to the test (and sometimes may have failed me, as I nearly came unraveled a few times...)

For Valentine's Day we had a family "Red, Pink and Heart" dinner.


Here's a picture of Taisha's Valentine's box:

(It's holding a card that says, "I'm not LION! I love Valentine's Day!")

McKay played Basketball all through February and through the first part of March. This was the first time he had played basketball. He was pretty nervous at first, but got better and better through the season. He got pretty good at rebounding (and that was his favorite part.)



The 4 older kids and Rik snowboarded every chance they got. Kayden still goes back and forth on whether he's happy winter is coming to an end.


Anaya and I usually did something that involved going out to eat and having Anaya's nails done while everyone else was gone snowboarding. Speaking of Anaya, she has been learning the primary song "He Sent His Son" in church, and she was singing it the other day.... "How could the Father tell the world of Nintendo DS..." I tried to tell her that the words were "How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness," but she told me I didn't know what I was talking about....

On February 25th my sister Melanie and her husband had a baby! They named him Ethan Thomas Palmer. Cute little guy!

1 comment:

Debi said...

ummmm... never heard Melanie was having another one. Isn't this boy #2? Nathan's got some catching up to do!