Thursday, May 20, 2010

Almost done.... almost done.....

This week has been a whirlwind of rehearsals, recitals, field trips and school projects. I tried to record Anaya's dances with the video feature on my little camera, but it turned out really blurry. So when Malia had her piano recital (Wednesday night) I decided I would try my iPod to see if the quality was any better. Right before her recital I hurried and downloaded a free icamcorder app. But, duh, the icamcorder I downloaded only let you record 15 seconds at a time (hmm... wonder why it was free?) So that didn't work out so good either! But earlier when Malia was practicing, she would record herself playing on one of our MP3 players, so she could hear what needed work. I pulled one of those practices off the MP3 player. I guess that will have to do at this point! It's not perfect, but boy, this song is tough!



She also played a classical piece, and I have it recorded in 15 second increments, but honestly she has been playing it since November, and we are all kind of sick of here! I turned her pages for her at the recital, but I was so nervous for her (does that ever go away??), that I think I made things worse. She told me after, that she could tell by my breathing that I was nervous, and that made her even more nervous... nice!

So, let's see, we're down to a choir concert tonight, I'm helping at some type of hot dog party in McKay's class tomorrow morning, the boys are going on the father and sons camp out tomorrow night after Kayden gets home from Boise (State track and field, he left this morning), Malia is going to Lagoon tomorrow with her choir, and then woohoo... WEEKEND!! Next week is far more do-able...at least that's what I'm telling myself...

1 comment:

Debi said...

Malia sounds great!! One day, maybe my kids will get there! Lindsay is doing very well as are the others, their recital is coming the first week of June. Still crossing my fingers on a job for Lindsay, any luck for Kayden?