Monday, May 24, 2010

More May....

Last weekend the boys headed up for a the father and son camp out. This is what they woke up to:



McKay wasn't bothered by the cold, and said that he slept really well. His favorite things were helping build the fire, putting sticks in the fire, standing by the fire, using his pocket knife to get more sticks to put in the fire, and he said he LOVED that "Mom wasn't telling him to go to bed a million times!" (He told that to Rik several times...) (Also, just so you know, a "million" is a slight exaggeration. It's more like 150 times a night that I tell him to get in bed!)

While the boys were staying up late, Taisha, Anaya and I did some of their favorite things (Malia was at Lagoon with her choir, so she missed girls night out). We went out for dinner, shopped, and then went out for dessert. While we were shopping, we found these:

Anaya is in HEAVEN with some real, non-dress-up, high heels. She slept in them, and was SO excited to go the church so she could wear them.

This whole "obsessed with shoes" thing is all very foreign to me. Through the years, having my arms full of babies and toddlers, and all the gear that goes with them, my only stipulation for a pair of shoes was that they be slip-on shoes. Then a few summers ago, I got a pair of flip flops that were like being barefoot (no support whatsoever!) They were cute, and I loved them, but after a couple months of wearing them I had completely ruined one of my heels. I ended up developing plantar fasciitis, and was in a lot of pain! After doing some research, and talking to friends and neighbors, I decided to try some different shoes in an attempt to avoid cortizone shots or surgery. I tried several kinds, I discovered that my feet LOVE Chacos. I started wearing them from the second I woke up, and after a while, all the pain went away! It was wonderful! There aren't dressy Chacos though, so I would get ready for church and put my Chaco flip flops on with my nylons, and change into church shoes right before I left. Except all the times I forgot, and showed up at church with my Chacos flip flops and nylons. So to summarize, my shoe style is slip-on Chacos and Chaco flip flops with nylons. I'm super cool! I've decided that Anaya gets her shoe/high heel fetish from Rik. Er, um, not that Rik wears high heels, but Rik has probably 3 times more shoes than I do (or more), and his sisters sure like their heels (I'm thinking there is a "high heel" gene at work here.) I've even seen his sisters wearing heels with sweats. This doesn't even compute in my head... but neither did the high heels and pajamas from the other night!

On a different note, McKay lost both his top teeth in a matter of a few days. And even more shocking, the Tooth Fairy actually remembered to come BOTH TIMES, take the teeth, and leave the money right under his pillow. I think the Tooth Fairy deserves a cheesecake for that (or maybe a new pair of shoes....)

1 comment:

Debi said...

That's a good one, I laughed all the way through - except for the fact that NOONE should be camping in snow!!! Where did you find Anaya's shoes, they are cute!