Monday, February 18, 2008

Coining new words

The other day Kayden was asking me about epilepsy (my sister has it). He was asking when Karissa got it, and if it was "confectious." WooHoo! New word: Contagious + infectious = confectious. Feel free to use whenever it applies. McKay also got into word coining. He has been battling a cold over the past week, and we have been encouraging him to blow his nose often, which he still isn't a pro at doing yet. We have been trying to explain to him that he needs to get the boogers out (yes I know, like you want to know...) so that he feels better. About 90% of the time though, he ends up blowing them the wrong way... not out into the tissue, but back. He told me the other day that he is going to try to stop "snorking" so that he can feel better. So I guess snorking mean sucking the boogers back in.... ew. We have no idea where the word came from, but it does kind of sound like "ssnnorrk" when you suck the boogers in... go ahead and try it..... So now even Rik uses the word snorking. He told me that he thinks that's why he is so healthy.... because he snorks and hoiks (I have no idea how to spell made up words) everything out... (again, I know, you probably don't care to know all this...). I myself, am just hoping everyone gets over their colds, because they are sicking me out. Well that was just about the grossest blog ever. I'll try to stay away from mucus next time I decide to write.

Have a good night!
Alexa

2 comments:

MOANA said...

Snorkers, yummy!!! I am laughing to hard, I think I am going to fall out of my chair!!! McKay your to funny!!

Samantha said...

HALARIOUS and GROSS all at the same time! :) BUT since I live in a boy infested house, I could handle and sadly identify with it all. We will for sure adopt the new words - they sound perfect! So funny!