Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Medicating the kiddies

Well, I said that McKay was perking up yesterday afternoon, but it turns out that was just the Motrin making him feel better. He's still running a pretty good fever and is miserable. Taisha has a sinus infection, so she is having all sorts of head aches as well. She didn't wear her glasses while they were snowboarding yesterday, so by last night she had a huge headache and was nauseated too. I think I am keeping the pain reliever companies in business!

Everyone came home from snowboarding really tired (and sun burned), so no swimming last night, but that didn't stop Anaya from trying her best to convince Rik that everyone else could stay home and dad and Naya could go swimming.



Speaking of Anaya... sheesh, she has got a horrible habit of calling names. She never hits, bites, pinches or anything like that, but if you make her mad... boy, you hear about it! If she is just a little mad, she'll call you "meanie" (I get called that a lot.) A little madder than that, and she calls you a "stupid meanie" (I get called that a lot) and usually gets sent to her room. If she is really mad though, she whips out all the bad words she knows: "YOU'RE A BIG STUPID POO POO PEE PEE BUM BUM MEANIE!!!" (I get called that a lot) and doesn't get sent to her room, but taken to her room.

So I tried substituting silly words for her bad words.... but that didn't really address the name calling thing. So I've been trying to get her to say what she's mad at and why instead of "Naya-swearing." Not working yet, but we're going to keep at it. Malia and Taisha would pout when they were mad (that was at least nice and quiet... like if you were in a store...). I guess at least I always know what Naya's thinking, and that's a good thing.... right? Kayden has been doing some photoshop tutorials. These two pictures (Anaya's picture and Kayden's name on fire) are some of the tutorials Kayden's been doing. Whatever keeps him busy. He's still looking for an eagle project... anyone have any ideas?

Have a good day!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

I love the long string of naughty names. So funny. (I know, not so funny when it's your kids yelling them at you!) I so want to call my kids that sometimees though! :) Maybe I would get sent to my room too! Double bonus!! :)

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

Anaya sounds like Rylee. But, Rylee doesn't know those words yet. I can't wait until that day. :)
I hope you guys feel better soon. We're finally doing better, but there's another ice storm coming on Thurs., so it will probably bring more sickness

Xela said...

Hurray you have a blog! I liked checking your other blog but this is great as well! Love seeing you guys and what you are upto. So funny I like the "naya-swearing" as you called it. I am not sure what we do with these fisty girls? Elena doesn't yell mean things to us but she sure gets angry and slams doors and sometimes throws things. I just keep hoping she will grow out of it!

MOANA said...

Pee pee poo poo bum stupid meanie, that has a certain ring to it. Maybe I'll adopt this language into my own repetoire!! So funny, but maybe not when your in the store or the one getting hit with this string of words! Liam sticks his tongue out and blows raspberries when he's really mad at you. Where do our children get these behaviors?? I wish we could pick them out like at the store or something! The photoshopping looks like fun, thats something I would love to learn someday. Sorry everyone is sick, yucky! Hope you all get better. Lots of love,
Auntie Moana

Jeannette said...

Hello niece and nephew. Kids do say the darnest things!!!! How funny, it made smile but I could only imagine how it would have gone at our house if that had happened so then I laughed out loud because it wouldn't have been pretty. How fun to get to share in on all your family fun and interesting doings. I must confess that it tired me out just to read how busy you are. Glad that chapter ended for me a while back when I still had some energy to deal with it!!!!
Take care.