Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yucky 3 days....

Sorry for the bad pictures...I was freezing cold and shivering when I took them, and really didn't care about the bad lighting.

Well, that was a miserable three days. It seems all the cleaning in the world didn't stop the flu bug that was making the rounds through our house. Part way through Project Runway I started feeling terrible, and felt that way for 3 days. I still don't feel all that great, but the fever is gone, so I can function. The worst part though, was missing the kids ballroom competition. Malia and Kayden competed on Friday and Saturday up in Rexburg. Individual events were on Friday, and their team dances were on Saturday. I missed both of them.... I honestly was doing good just to get Malia's hair and make-up done. I got a couple pictures of them right before they left on Friday, and sent the camera up with them, but when they got to Rexburg, they both started running fevers, so no other pictures were taken.


There were 800 kids competing at the competition (ballroom is getting insanly popular!) Kayden ended up getting 5th in Waltz, and Malia got 6th in Cha Cha. Not too bad for being sick (Malia said it was a killer just walking to the dance floor, let alone dancing!) And with 800 kids competing, I am really proud of them.


The fever seems to have left the house, but the cold symptoms are still here, so lots of coughing, sore throats, and runny, runny noses. Rik and I were the only ones at church today from our family (and I only went cause I was the musical number in Sacrament meeting, and I had some primary stuff to do.) Hopefully this week everyone gets better!

I'm looking for a good fried rice recipe for the Blue and Gold banquet on Wednesday (Chinese New Year theme this year....I'm in charge of the fried rice....) Anyone have a good one (good means easy and cheap)? I make fried rice all the time, but it's just kind of chucked together... I thought I would try an actual recipe for the scout thing. (I really need to get on the bishopric (Rik's who I go through now) to get me some people in scouts...hehe... (so Rik gets nagged at home and at church!)) Thanks for the help!

3 comments:

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

tell kayden and malia, GOOD JOB. hopefully we'll be there next year and we can actually see them dance and not just hear about it. and maybe we passed our sickness to you guys, i'm sorry! hope you have a better week.

Xela said...

Awesome job Kayden and Malia! I would love to see you guys dance! Hope you all feel better soon. Love ya!

Jeannette said...

Sorry you have all been sick.
Congratulations to Kayden and Malia. That is awsome!!! They look so beautiful and handsome, respectively.
You know how much we love dancing and still do it 2-3 times a week. It is something you can do for ever. We would love to watch them perform and cheer them on.
Take care and get well.