Monday, February 18, 2008

Just how things are at our house


The last couple of weeks Anaya has been showing us her independent side.... her favorite phrases are "I know!" and "I can do it by myself!".... only she has a little bit of a lisp and it comes out like "I can do it by mythelf!"

I'll give you an idea of how this goes at our house. At FHE Kayden was in charge:

Kayden: Welcome to Family Home Evening. After the song, Anaya will give the prayer (groan from the kids).

(Opening Song....hyper version of Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam)

Anaya: I can do it by myself! Heavenly Father, something something blessings

Me whispering (talk louder Naya)

Anaya: I can do it by myself! Thank you for the potty. Something something (talking too quiet again and now spinning in a circle)

Me whispering: (Thank you for our family...)

Anaya: I Know! I CAN DO IT BY MYSELF!! Something something.... Amen.

Malia: Did she say thanks for the potty?

Kayden: Aren't you thankful for the potty?! Try going a day without the potty and see how that goes for you!

Malia: Ya, but you don't have to say it in your prayer.....

Kayden: Grandma says that when mom was little she prayed that she wouldn't wet the bed.....

Me: Um.... thanks... can we get on with the lesson please? (I can't beleive I just typed that...)

Kayden managed to get through his lesson on the Word of Wisdom, without any more reference to the potty.... phew!

I had to take Anaya and McKay to the dentist again (3rd appointment this month!) We got all finished, and got back out to the van, and Anaya told me that she could close the van door by herself. So I'm standing out in the freezing cold forever waiting for her to push the button by herself and close the van door by herself... the whole time she is yelling at me that she can do it by herself! She finally gets the van door closed, but it wasn't tight enough, so I re-opened it and slammed it harder... This was a huge mistake. That meant that I had to listen to the "You're a meanie mom" song all the way home from the dentist. If you don't know that song, it sounds like Jingle Bells, but the words go like this: You're a meanie, meanie mom. Meanie meanie mom. Meanie meanie meanie meanie meanie meanie mom...." You get the idea... Just make sure you sing it really loud. She ended her song with "Mom, and you're and elephant (I have no idea where that came from..... but it got me laughing.... also a big mistake.... don't laugh at a mad 3 year old... that made her sing verse 2 of the meanie mom song.") *sigh

I just finished reading the third Stephanie Meyer book today (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse). Malia started reading them and I thought it would be a good idea to pre-read them to make sure they weren't too old for her. I'm still not too sure if I should have Malia read the thrid one yet.... but I sure loved them! I loved the main characters, and actually missed the one main character that was missing for part of the second book. After I finished the books, I had a serious case of post-book depression. I am still having a hard time finding something else to read so I can stop thinking that Edward and Bella's lives are going on without me, and I don't know what they're doing! Yes, I know, they aren't real people....

2 comments:

MOANA said...

I love how you express yourself, you always have me laughing so hard by the way you tell the daily occurances of your kiddies! The Meanie Mom song is a classic at our house these days!! Love it all!

Samantha said...

YEAH for a blog!!! I love to check up on your other page so this will be fun too!! I laughed so hard at the meanie mom song!! LOVE those independant, but can really do much by themselves, phases!! Anaya sounds like she would fit in perfect around here! LOVE the Edward books! (as I lovingly refer to them as, since he is the real reason I read them...sigh...) :)