Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hmmm....What's that word?


The other morning (yellow day at preschool) Anaya was feeling hmmm... what's the word I'm looking for? I guess Anaya said it best herself: "Mom, dad is going to tell me I look CUTIELICIOUS!" Which he did, 'cause he's cool like that.




We did get some snow Saturday and Sunday. And true to my word, I'm not even going complain about the freezing cold icky stuff that has no right falling before all the leaves have fallen off the trees. In fact, I'm going to think positive (cause that's just how I am)... while my kids were outside breaking the Sabbath Day playing in the snow, I got one of the best naps I have ever had... so bring on the snow (just kidding... I really only want it to snow for the two weeks around Christmas, then I want summer back.) Oh, and did you see how fashionable that snowman was? I smell a Project Runway episode in the making (love that show...which is weird, cause I'm not all that into fashion. I'm doing good to get my clothes on the right way). Awww I'm going to miss PR after the season finale tomorrow night.

I know everyone is riveted with the basement progress so I'll give you a little update (holy smokes I'm so excited...) The texture is getting sprayed on tomorrow, and we should be able to get a coat of primer on after it dries. The carpet man came and measured for the carpet (which amazingly Rik and I both agree on!), we started shopping for doors and trim (all needs to be painted), and we went shopping for light fixtures (which we kind of mostly agree on...or not...) We have worked out what colors are going in all the rooms except for Kayden's room. I need to spend some time online looking at teen boys rooms. We have some ideas, but don't have anything really concrete decided, especially when it comes to paint. Any ideas? I'll try and get some pictures after we get some primer up (because I know how exciting that is for everyone!)

7 comments:

Alana Puawai Finlayson said...

Hey Lex!
the dance was fun.. I suppose lol the haunted house was scary.. I didnt get to eat.. I was ornery.. My feet hurt from the half hour i was in high heels and lets see what else.. I fell asleep every time we were in the car.. but it was still fun ha ha just a little exhausted!! we miss u guys all tons! sure loved the days when u lived down the street but let me tell ya i am so happy for u that got outta the... wonderful town of soda springs haha.. but yes we'll have to come up there soon and see u guys!! love you!
Alana

Lyn said...

Excited for your basement to be done! We finally moved in our new house! yeh! We too are trying to choose paint colors. I did see a neat boys room at the parade of homes, they painted the same wall 2 different colors and then the others only 1 color. It looked pretty cool. Good luck:)

Murdoch Clan said...

Wowzers, how exciting! I'm addicted to HGTV's House Hunters, which has got me nit picking my entire house! It'll be years until we can start to really fix up this house how I want it... nevamind. Super excited for you though, can't wait to see the finished product! Glad you got a nap in, I've decided how heavenly those things are... my Miles is doing awesome! I'm finally feeling better, and she's officially weened, or I'm weened from her as you put it! 1 week till Disneyland! Any tips? Take care! Laura

Murdoch Clan said...

PS0 Naya is just a little ray of CUTEILICIOUS sunshine! What a cutie!

MOANA said...

Check out IKEA they have some really cool teen rooms, you can view their catalog online or they have a youth rooms section under all departments. I love hearing how the basement is coming along, I am way excited for you! Anaya is cutielicious! Love the snowman and I just watched PR who did you want to win? I wanted either Korto or Leanne to win and so I am happy. Much love, Moana

Mandy H said...

SNOW!!! Oh my we finally got down into the 60's today it was awesome! I cannot believe it is snowing enough to make snowmen. Looks like fun though. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product. Have fun

Xela said...

Wow SNOW! That just seems crazy. This morning it got down to freezing and so there was frost on the grass, I over heard Elena tell Jordan "oh, good that means we will have snow by the time we get home from school"......little does she know, we will be luckey if we get any snow this year!:)