Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm feeling old!

Last night Malia was invited to our Young Women's New Beginnings, because she turns 12 this year. Just being there with all the young women and their leaders and watching Malia standing up with them singing.... suddenly made me feel old!

Then, this morning I was taking Kayden (who has it in his head that if he wears shorts, it will be spring) to school. I glanced over, and he has leg hair! That wasn't there last fall..... He's taller than me now too. He also brought home some paper work for his high school classes for next year..... all made me feel old!

A friend of mine reminded me that kindergarten roundup is Monday.... so I have to take McKay over to the school on Monday to start his kindergarten stuff.... this makes me feel old!

McKay and Anaya both know how to call my cell phone... or the "tattle phone." I'm about ready to change phone numbers... I don't know what I was thinking teaching them to call me! Still, makes me feel old!

*sigh....

Thinking positive though.... I haven't had to buy diapers in a long, long time. No one wakes me up at night and boy, that sure makes a difference, in fact, feeling older is worth it for good sleep... for now anyway... Two more years and Kayden turns 16..... might lose sleep then.


Our primary party turned out great! Lots of kids, lots of noise, lots of fun ... and we didn't lose anyone (see previous post)!

3 comments:

The Holcombs said...

Hey not buying diapers anymore is years away for me. Celebrate your age and know only good times are ahead of you. :) Looks like a fun time for primary too.

Samantha said...

SO when does the "no one waking you up at night" start...I want to be that old! lol. :)

MOANA said...

You may feel old but you look great, your an awesome mom. Malia girl is almost a young women, gasp I can hardly believe she is that old and Kayden has leg hair, shocking!! WOW time really flies!!